Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB: Big Brake kit 4 lug

Hi Guys,

Now that i have my turbo s52 running in my e30, I want...er NEED a big brake kit.

I dont want to lose my rims (Apex Arcs) so I need a 4 lug kit...that will fit under my wheels.

Let me know what you have.

Thanks,
    Jay

Why do you "NEED" a big brake kit?

The stock brakes and the right compound of grippy brake pads are usually more than adequate for most needs, unless there are extenuating circumstances and long periods of severe repetitive braking. Hi-Temp brake fluid helps too if heat is an issue.

My Hawk HP Plus pads have more bite than i need in canyon/mountain/track/autocross driving, and i've never felt the need for bigger brakes.
    Randy Walters

2021 Mazda 3 Sedan Premium AWD
    1988 325is (w/89 bumpers, recently sold)
    1989 325is (Broadsided long ago RIP)
    1996 328is (Sold to Matt J)
    2003 530i Sport (Spare car now)
    2005 X3 (little woman's car)
    Driving Instructor BMW CCA L.A. & S.D. Chapters
    Multiple L.A. & S.D. Region SCCA Autocross Championships

Comment

Originally posted by dunebuggyjay View Post
      turbo s52
      Originally posted by randywalters View Post
      Why do you "NEED" a big brake kit?

probably this

1989 Coupe build thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=312012
      IG: @mitchlikesbikes

Comment

Originally posted by mitchlikesbikes View Post
        probably this

Yes. This.

After driving my daily driver that has brembo brakes, I have realized my e30 needs something better than stock with upgraded pads.

Esp with like 500hp.

Comment

I completely disagree. Especially with the power possible with a turbo s52.
          My 300 hp S52 lasted exactly one day with rebuilt calipers, hp plus pads, ss lines, and Castro’s SRF fluid.

You absolutely need bigger brakes. Escpecially if it’s street car (weighing more than a stripped out track car)

There are plenty of options on the market at all different price points.
          RX7 front caliper kits to billet 6 piston Wilwoods.
          What size/offset are your wheels?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          The best one-stop shopping for German car parts and lifestyle: http://www.gutenparts.com/

Comment

My wheels are Apex Arc-8 17x8 et25 i believe.

Looking for prob a Wilwood front set. Or UUC set.

I see a IE 6 piston front and rear set in the classifieds, but was hoping to do fronts with proportioning valve. Then see if I wanted to go all out with rears too. 6 piston may be way overkill for my car though. This is just a street car. Its a vert, and will never see the track.

May look into the RX7 caliper route, but wanted something that looked a bit nicer.

Comment

Simon
              Current Cars:
              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Who gives a shit this is a want to buy thread not a "should I get big brakes thread". For what it's worth OP I was very happy with my Massive Street Kit on my car. From Massive Brakes. Take a look at their website.

Comment

Only option I would recommend against would be the UUC.
                  They have a history of failures and sending parts/hardware made for atv not car duty...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  The best one-stop shopping for German car parts and lifestyle: http://www.gutenparts.com/

Comment

Working...
                  X