Anyone running no head unit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone running no head unit?

I am contemplating running a Bluetooth amp and no Head unit. My ihone would just broadcast to the amp and eliminate the need. Thoughts ? Experience?
    1989 332IS -S-Fiddy Four-Some weight removed.
    5 lug E36 M3 Brakes Coilovers and LTW's and No ABS.

I have no head unit. Running a 3.5mm jack soldered to rca lines that lead to a 5 channel amp. I have a Bluetooth receiver at the jack or can hard line the jack for friends/occupants. Empty space filled in with one of those universal pockets.

I'm curious about the Bluetooth amp you're thinking about. Link?
    sigpic

Comment

Here is the one I have been looking at. https://www.infinityspeakers.com/amp.../KAPPA+K5.htmlhttps://www.infinityspeakers.com/amp.../KAPPA+K5.html

It would just pickup my phone when I got in no RCA’s no processing just straight to the amp.

Comment

I like the control module and mic setup for that amp.
        sigpic

Comment

I guess I could just buy it and install it and if I don’t like The Bluetooth only I could add a head unit.

Comment

Each to their own but i like having a volume control knob handy, and having nice easy next/previous buttons on the head unit right at finger tips reach with hand on gearstick.

I ran no headunit back when i first got a car and i couldn't afford a headunit but i managed to get a free amp. Super annoying to adjust volume and tracks using tiny buttons on what was then a CD walkman.

Comment

I usually wear my apple watch so I can control output volume and tracks via that.

Comment

Working...
              X