FS (SF, CA): euro 323i baur

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS (SF, CA): euro 323i baur

i bought this car on impulse and really should have gotten something newer- it's hard to rock an e30 when you don't have garage space to work on it in, and living in a loft space in san francisco, i don't.

here is the BaT auction i bought from; pictures are much better than anything i could take and the car is unchanged and undamaged since purchase. i haven't even driven it much because i now live a half-hour walk from work and there's nowhere to park in the financial district anyway. that city life.

Bid for the chance to own a No Reserve: Euro 1985 BMW Baur 323i at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #4,491.

good:
    driving impressions- it feels like my old coupes, but it's got a targa-style roof. none of the chassis wobble my old vert had before i put the frame reinforcements and hardtop on it.
    runs and drives great on CA 91oct.
    sport exhaust sounds good without drone or being obnoxious.
    tires are near new, plenty of tread. suspension and brakes also still in good shape.
    it's got the cool euro stuff on it (bumpers, grilles) and i have smoked smileys from ECS tuning that will come with.

bad:
    there are electrical gremlins to work out that the previous seller didn't disclose; like the left-hand turn signal doesn't work and the speedo is a little flaky. probably just needs contacts in the fuse & relay boxes and cluster cleaned but i don't have a place to do that and i'm not paying a shop 100s to spend hours on troubleshooting for me.
    there is minor rub damage on both of the front fender arches (not obvious in pics), and the front valance was curbed. (i have a line on an mtech1 valance and if you give me a good price i might buy it for you.)
    driver's seat needs the usual one-side failure fixed (or get some corbeaus).

this car's a unicorn; somebody pick it up for a reasonable price after considering the cost:benefit ratio. slide me a PM if you're interested, i need to free up the parking space i'm renting for it. move quickly if you want it- i'm going to donate it to charity to offset capital gains taxes from selling stock if it doesn't sell soon.

-jason
    Last edited by decay; 04-30-2018, 03:34 AM.
    past:
    1989 325is (learner shitbox)
    1986 325e (turbo dorito)
    1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
    1985 323i baur
    current:
    1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

I found a complete garage to myself in SOMA for $400/mos. Depending on where you live there could be a better deal so you have a safe place to park and work on her.
    Build Threads:
    Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

Originally posted by Julien View Post
      I found a complete garage to myself in SOMA for $400/mos. Depending on where you live there could be a better deal so you have a safe place to park and work on her.

Crazy the price difference from cali to here. For 400 a month plus utilities I’m renting an entire shop that i could run a business out of lol.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
      1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
      Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
      Mtech 2 turbo restoration
      Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by Julien View Post
        I’ve been with E30s for a long time (see join date and signature). I still love them, but I’m ready to try a more modern BMW.

So, this unique euro import is up for grabs.
        past:
        1989 325is (learner shitbox)
        1986 325e (turbo dorito)
        1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
        1985 323i baur
        current:
        1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Working...
        X