No announcement yet.

Door hinge LOUD popping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you use JB weld? Doesn't look like a metal weld. Pardon me if I am missing something obvious.

My anchor point inside the a pillar is moving around a lot. At least one of the spot welds is broken. If I can simply JB weld this then that would be a potential solution.

Jasper

Originally posted by TriniBoy View Post
    Before (but after I already took out the holding pin):

Arm that has been welded to the body:

After:

Hope that helps you out man

Comment

Originally posted by tomstin View Post
      Just repaired mine the other day. First I removed the door brake from the car door and made sure it was clean and lubed. The noise seemed to be coming from the A pillar. Being careful not to pinch your finger if you reach between the door and the outside of the A pillar I could feel it move when the noise happened. With a mirror I could see a crack in the A pillar. Removed the door and sure enough I could see several cracks in the outside of the A pillar around a spot weld.

I cleaned the area real well and ran a bead of weld along the cracks on the outside of the A pillar to reinforce the area. Problem appears to be solved.

Hit the area with primer and re-assembled the door.
      So...you welded up the cracks from the outside without removing the fender and that was enough to fix that anchor point ?

Just wondering how best to tackle my own loose anchor point. If the spot welds failed but I don't have cracks then welding from the outside isn't going to help at all.

Was thinking maybe to drill through the sheet metal and plug weld it......

Comment

I would think welding it along either the top or bottom (red arrow) or both would be the best bet.

I think the JB weld looking stuff in the previous pictures is seam sealer applied after welding.
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X