Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FredK View Post
    Paint Over Rust = POR.
    Hmmmmm makes since, i need to get some of that shat, i was going to ask where i could find some. thanks

Comment

Originally posted by FredK View Post
      Paint Over Rust = POR. It bonds better to rust than bare steel, even etched steel. What you do is you remove the loose rust, then use their degreaser, then etching solution, then apply the POR-15. Check Ebay, there's a vendor that sells the starter kits on there.
      Thanks you sir
      Originally posted by cabriodster87
      "Honey? What color is this wire? Is it the same as that one? Are you sure? I don't believe it. OK, it works. Thank you sweetie."
      Originally posted by Kershaw
      i've got a boner and a desire to speed.

Comment

I did the entire inside of my trunk with the starter kit I have pictures of before and after, it wasnt rusty before but I did it as a preventitive thing, and I am going to be doing the entire underside of my car with POR15, I already did my M3 rear sway bar and it turned out great it was one of the only paints that I could find that would flex, so I could paint my sway bar. I am planning on doing my diff case and trailing arms and subframe when I go in to replace the bushings. I tried POR20 on my exhaust manifolds and it has held up great it hasnt flaked off, and it has kept its color, well worth the money. I am going to get around to doing my downpipes and around some welds on my exhaust sooner or later with the POR20 I had left over.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657387

Comment

Comment

looks nice, i gotta do that to my rear valance here sometime

Comment

I just ordered some right now. My car is going to get owned by this shit lol.
              "Honey? What color is this wire? Is it the same as that one? Are you sure? I don't believe it. OK, it works. Thank you sweetie."

Comment

Originally posted by Mike325 View Post
                I just ordered some right now. My car is going to get owned by this shit lol.
                And so are your hands and arms for about a week after you apply it :)

Comment

whats the heat capability of this stuff?
                  Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
                  Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Originally posted by nefarious7907 View Post
                    And so are your hands and arms for about a week after you apply it :)
                    No way dudz, I got teh glovez.:up:

Comment

Originally posted by Mike325 View Post
                      No way dudz, I got teh glovez.:up:
                      I used the gloves supplied too, but I still ended up with it all over the place when I was doing the inside of my trunk. I painted the under car panels off of the car and they turned out perfect, and I didnt get make half the mess but I still ended up with it on the back of my upper arms and on my forehead. Dont ask

Comment

Originally posted by NC325iC View Post
                        whats the heat capability of this stuff?
                        Probably like 200-250 degrees, I have the POR 20 on my exhaust manifolds and it has held up great I think it can handle 2000 degrees they do make colored paints for your specifically for your engine too.

Comment

Originally posted by enercity View Post
                          i prefer pen15
                          You would, seeing as how you live in PENIS LAND.
                          Last edited by LINUS; 12-07-2006, 07:27 PM. Reason: because penis only had one 'n'

It's not how you handle the good times, but the faith you keep in the bad that defines you.

Comment

i am definitely a believer in this stuff. a guy in the bremerton washington area did a frame-off rebuild of his Dakota R/T dragster pickup and did the entire frame in this. it came out so nice. i saw it in August of 05 about 6 months after he had done and it just looked so damn good.

Comment

I had a fuel return line that had some srface rust on and after the dealer screwed up twice by getting me the wrong line, I tried this. It works great and easy to use. Does not smell bad either. Just don't get it on your hands. Still on me after 2 days, and I do shower, with soap.

Comment

Working...
                              X