Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zen Performance Stress Bars

Last edited by madness3; 03-19-2010, 09:08 AM. Reason: fixed links

So what exactly does he do to the mason bars, am I just blind??

Comment

dang you got ripped a new one w/ those prices
      ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

Originally posted by e30rcr View Post
        So what exactly does he do to the mason bars, am I just blind??
        +1

I was thinking the same thing... He even uses Mason Engineering's same pictures that is on their site. So what has he had done to the bars that is different other than custom color matching? IMHO sounds like a sales pitch...

Comment

Originally posted by madness3 View Post
          $180 for installation (He gave me a deal on the labor because he built my car originally) the rear bar requires drilling and bolting.
          Damn.

You have got to be the biggest sucker i have heard of in a while.

You paid $180 of your hard earned dollars for the removal and replacement of 4 bolts and drilling 6 screw holes?

Damn.

I like how the ad talks about "definitive actual measured chassis flex"...um, yeah...so how did you measure that chassis flex?

This would be the first time in over 5000 posts I have ever used this emoticon:

Closing SOON!
          "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by madness3 View Post
            With the new Front and rear bars I immediately noticed a huge improvement is steering response (even in a straight line less transient corrections nesassary)

ROFL
            85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
            e30 restoration and V8 swap
            24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

Doesn't Farbin Kaiber have ocean front property in Arizona for sale?

Comment

Oh snap
                sigpic340hp V8 e30 FINISHED!!!!!
                Quick vid for ya ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vp5Eaf8xOgM
                NEW One on the track :)
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-AX5SzSLnk
                Cleaning up some 911s and Jap turbos
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ad79wsLdle4

Comment

lol

Comment

Hmmm.

I think I'll just let this slide by.

One thing I will answer though: I have access to some neat toys (not our own toy but they let us play with it) like a 4 post shaker with laser and telemetry, this is the way the big boys measure chassis flex.
                    Last edited by DCColegrove; 04-08-2008, 06:35 PM. Reason: answered one of the thread monkeys questions

Comment

I'm not doubting your bars ability to decrease unwanted chassis flex. I am doubting the ability of someone to notice a difference, on a street car, on the street, driving in a straight line. Compared to another solid bar. That's ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by JGood View Post
                        I'm not doubting your bars ability to decrease unwanted chassis flex. I am doubting the ability of someone to notice a difference, on a street car, on the street, driving in a straight line. Compared to another solid bar. That's ridiculous.
                        Hmmm.

Define solid.

In a torsional plane the front bars we are using now are about 300% better than the ones we used in the 90's.

As to transient steering squirm in a straight line on the street...I dunno.

And yes it is pricey... and no you can't see the difference (unless you cut them open the well the attaching hardware is definitely different looking)... and yes the shop rate is $90 an hour and no it's not just drilling some holes in the trunk we install captured nuts and external backing...and whatever...Jann is happy

Comment

Originally posted by DCColegrove View Post
                          Hmmm.

Define solid.

In a torsional plane the front bars we are using now are about 300% better than the ones we used in the 90's.

And yes it is pricey... and no you can't see the difference (unless you cut them open the well the attaching hardware is definitely different looking)... and yes the shop rate is $90 an hour and no it's not just drilling some holes in the trunk we install captured nuts and external backing...and whatever...Jann is happy

Didn't mean to go that far OT, but can you at least answer my question on what makes your bar specs different than the ones Mason sells when you are using the same pictures that are on Mason Engineerings site?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by DCColegrove View Post
                            Hmmm.

Define solid.

What does "300% better" mean? Are you telling me the Sparco bar allows for 300% more flex under identical conditions then your bar? "Torsional plane" isn't a very good indicator of what direction the Sparco bar faults in, either. Torsion is applied in several directions under varied conditions...

By solid I was referring to the Sparco bar mentioned in the original post. The same Sparco bar that mounts through 2 strut bolts and one bolt through the side of the strut tower. Solid. No joints. Nothing to flex, except the large steel bar.

Again, the only thing I was saying is, there is no possible way a human can feel the effects of this bar vs. a sparco bar driving in a straight line.

Comment

What does "300% better" mean? Are you telling me the Sparco bar allows for 300% more flex under identical conditions then your bar? "Torsional plane" isn't a very good indicator of what direction the Sparco bar faults in, either. Torsion is applied in several directions under varied conditions.

By solid I was referring to the Sparco bar mentioned in the original post. The same Sparco bar that mounts through 2 strut bolts and one bolt through the side of the strut tower. Solid. No joints. Nothing to flex, except the large steel bar. ...
                              mounted as intended the sparco bar was bitchin good at controlling flex of the strut towers in and away from each other. Not so good in controlling front to back (twisting) At the top end of knocking the shit out of the chassis on the shaker it allowed just over 22mm of this motion (total measured at the top of the struts)

The bar (fabricated by John) we are using now only allowed 7mm same program same chassis (swapped/tested...swapped/tested 3 iterations in a row)

Again, the only thing I was saying is, there is no possible way a human can feel the effects of this bar vs. a sparco bar driving in a straight line. ...
                              Like I said, I dunno.

Comment

Working...
                              X