Zen Performance Stress Bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by atomic View Post
    Didn't mean to go that far OT, but can you at least answer my question on what makes your bar specs different than the ones Mason sells when you are using the same pictures that are on Mason Engineerings site?

Thanks
    Yes, the images, (all but one) I have borrowed from John. The site crashed and I'm working on putting the images we lost back together(quite a while ago...sad considering that I own a whole shit load of photography equipment) .

Different material, different mounting, slightly different geometry, different hardware and different finish.

Okay, Now I'll let it slide by.

Comment

Under what suspension movement would you see shock tower movement going front or back? I'm asking as a serious question, as I've never heard of that. Also, what is the total movement with no strut bar installed?
      85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
      e30 restoration and V8 swap
      24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

Doesn't Farbin Kaiber have ocean front property in Arizona for sale?
        Act now, my last three plots are gonna go quick.

Originally posted by JGood View Post
        Under what suspension movement would you see shock tower movement going front or back? I'm asking as a serious question, as I've never heard of that. Also, what is the total movement with no strut bar installed?
        Sounds to me brands with product knowledge like APC and 3A Racing are making the move to the e30 chassis.

Comment

Oh goodie, a strut bar debate.

Have any of you guys that are saying "junk science" driven a car with the Mason bars? Or are you just saying what you believe, without any substantiation? Isn't that what you're accusing the OP of doing?

Where do you find the Mason bars cheaper? Mason and Vorshlags prices are the same (OK, 5 bucks less for the set) for the bars.

I don't know if the things work or not, quite honestly. Maybe when I have everything else I want done to my car completed I'll experiment with them. I'd just like to see some serious tech, one way or another.

But it's the R3V way to take punk ass potshots.
          Last edited by Brian D; 04-08-2008, 08:20 PM. Reason: 5 bucks.
          1973 Bavaria

Comment

i checked mason's website and it was about $30 cheaper
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
            Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Originally posted by Q-ship View Post

Have any of you guys that are saying "junk science" driven a car with the Mason bars? Or are you just saying what you believe, without any substantiation? Isn't that what you're accusing the OP of doing?

Where do you find the Mason bars cheaper? Mason and Vorshlags prices are the same (OK, 5 bucks less for the set) for the bars.

I don't know if the things work or not, quite honestly. Maybe when I have everything else I want done to my car completed I'll experiment with them. I'd just like to see some serious tech, one way or another.

What? I don't remember seeing any posts with people arguing against strut tower bars in this thread...

Comment

Originally posted by Q-ship View Post

Well, there you go. A thinking man.

John Mason and I live pretty close to each other and do some joint R&D.

John builds these for us to a different spec (see my earlier rant) this is a factor in the cost difference. His verson work wonderfully we just needed some (damned expensive) tweaks to suit our particular goals.

And thank you for defending Jann's observations... Just called me to apologise for starting this thread...I said thanks for smoking out the thread monkey...who needs him.

Ooops, Shit...I was going to shut up....
                Last edited by DCColegrove; 04-08-2008, 08:53 PM. Reason: Ooops, Shit...I was going to shut up....

Comment

Originally posted by DCColegrove View Post
                  Well, there you go. A thinking man.

John Mason and I live pretty close to each other and do some joint R&D.

John builds these for us to a different spec (see my earlier rant) this is a factor in the cost difference. His verson work wonderfully we just needed some (damned expensive) tweaks to suit our particular goals.

And thank you for defending Jann's observations... Just called me to apologise for starting this thread...I said thanks for smoking out the thread monkeys...who need them.

Ooops, Shit...I was going to shut up....

RANT... RANT ?? WHAT ?? I asked a simple question but you have to tell that guy and imply that your response is a rant. I am not trying to get into a pissing match but rather a straight forward answer, which you answered THANK YOU, BUT now you imply that it was a rant. Great way to do business there. And I guess asking legitimate questions about your product you are selling makes us monkey's...

Maybe you should have refrained from posting that, good luck with your business too...

I'm done with this now

good luck

Comment

RANT... RANT ?? WHAT ?? I asked a simple question but you have to that guy and imply that your response is a rant. I am not trying to get into a pissing match but rather a straight forward answer, which you answered THANK YOU, BUT now you imply that it was a rant. Great way to do business there. And I guess asking legitimate questions about your product you are selling makes us monkey's...

Maybe you should have refrained from posting that, good luck with your business too...

I'm done with this now

good luck
                    Huh? Are we speaking the same language? and the monkey wasn't nessasarly you.

Comment

I'm a money holding monkey...

Comment

I think I'm the monkey. But I'm a badass monkey...

Comment

Originally posted by JGood View Post
                          I think I'm the monkey. But I'm a badass monkey...

No, you're not the monkey...
                          I sent the Monkey an entirely different PM.
                          And that's a chimp...
                          Big difference.

Comment

Originally posted by DCColegrove View Post
                            And that's a chimp...
                            Big difference.

"Abba dabba dabba dabba dabba dabba dabba
                            said the monkey to the chimp.
                            Abba dabba dabba dabba dabba dabba dabba
                            said the chimpee to the monk.
                            All night long they chattered away.
                            All day long they were happy and gay,
                            swinging and swaying in a honky, tonky way."

This thread is hammered, figured I'd through the "Monkey and Chimp" song in there.

Comment

Roffles.
                              '89 325is S50 Track Montser
                              '04 X5 Daily/Tow Vehicle

http://www.avarestoration.com

http://www.myspace.com/brendanfiddle

Click here if you want to be my zombie slave...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Fidhle007

Comment

Last edited by madness3; 03-19-2010, 09:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X