Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AKG Brake Booster

To whom this may concern:

I finally got my car running. After driving it, I realized my brakes were sticking and were not releasing. I went down to my brake pedal to adjust the free-play, just to realize that I couldn’t. I pulled my pedal set out, removed my lock nut, and tried to adjust it that way. Still, the brakes are not releasing because I do not have enough free-play in the pedal. I removed my intake manifold, and finally removed all my brake booster and found out why I couldn’t adjust the pedal free-play anymore. There are not enough threads. I am very disappointed with this situation especially the fact that I bought this and installed it BEFORE the motor was in, and when it wasn’t working correctly, to find that the booster was modified incorrectly. I bought this brake booster thinking I would not have any troubles, but for some reason I do. What can I do about this situation?

Viet Dang
    The brake boosters threads aren't threaded correctly, so I cannot adjust my pedal free-play. So now my brakes drag when I drive. Very disappointed, I hope they do something about it.

Dammit.
    I got a fender roller now! LMK if you need me to roll your fenders or want to rent the tool from me locally.

Paypal: vdang5@gmail.com

Delta Auto Care
    2875-C Towerview Road
    Herndon, VA

My Feedback Thread: Evil_Twin

i had the same problem with my porsche booster. But i think the one i got was bad...... I modified it correctly but it kept sticking after repeatedly bleeding the brakes.
    sigpic

Comment

Ugh, this is killing me, and I am sending you a good modified brake booster now lol. I only bought the AKG one because I didnt want to sand down some of the fins.
      I got a fender roller now! LMK if you need me to roll your fenders or want to rent the tool from me locally.

Paypal: vdang5@gmail.com

Delta Auto Care
      2875-C Towerview Road
      Herndon, VA

My Feedback Thread: Evil_Twin

Comment

lol, ive been searching for 2 weeks. Mine left me on the side of the road.... Luckily the S52 had the power to move the car the 1/4 mile to my house....
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X