Cheap Ebay Chip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheap Ebay Chip?

just ordered one of these bad boys! cant wait to see how it turns out http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/84-87...Q5fAccessories
    86 325e limo
    build thread
    http://r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=126204

its kinda sad, they dont have a picture of the chip, only a computer generated image.
    \/heeter dont like them see sig\/
    Originally posted by Ferdinand
    I carry a cheap pressure gauge in my glovebox with which to manually check my tire pressures, but I keep forgetting that in the USA glovebox space is sacred as it is reserved exclusively for the purpose of storing handguns.

DIVING BOARD DIVISION DIVISION IDIOT

Comment

Put this on
      -Andy

Comment

yeah your "flame" suit
        I carry a cheap pressure gauge in my glovebox with which to manually check my tire pressures, but I keep forgetting that in the USA glovebox space is sacred as it is reserved exclusively for the purpose of storing handguns.

Comment

since I've actually had an ebay chip i'll just let you know, I couldn't feel a difference. I went to a mark D chip and the car felt the same untill I went uphill, then the car became a completely different car. I think ebay chips only work at WOT, and Mark D's chip works all the time.

7speedshop.com

Comment

Most of the software on ebay is ripped off from respected tuners...

Just on those grounds I wouldn't support them...

The quality of the EPROM or EEPROMS they use are questionable as well.

Comment

we shall see. if it sucks i will just send it back. either way it was only $40 shipped.. no worries
              86 325e limo
              build thread

Comment

thats true.

Comment

chips in. never had a chipped e30 before but i can deff feel a good diff. in power mid/high range.
                  86 325e limo
                  build thread

Comment

you also run the risk of blowing your engine since you have no idea what you're really getting. you could be getting a knockoff of a Mark D chip, or just some shitty software that some random guy programmed.

SC*AR

Originally posted by JamesE30
                    And with a car looking like yours I imagine the balance shall tip in the favor of insult, like a big fat fucking retarded fucking black girl on a see-saw, opposite... a dwarf.

Comment

i had a ebay chip in my m42. i dynoed it with and without it. picked up 12hp and 10ft lbs, so i guess some of them work and some dont. if i had the money, i would have bought a mark d for it though, just to be safe.

Comment

Originally posted by alpinweib30 View Post
                        chips in. never had a chipped e30 before but i can deff feel a good diff. in power mid/high range.
                        It's all in your head.
                        -Andy

Comment

wheres your head at

Comment

I have an ebay chip on my M42 and it made very noticeable difference. Well worth the $40.
                            Originally posted by Alkasquawlik View Post
                            you also run the risk of blowing your engine since you have no idea what you're really getting.
                            Bull shit.

Comment

Do you remember which chip it was that yielded decent performance gains on the M42?
                              Last edited by SnPaC; 12-19-2008, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X