No announcement yet.

92' Vert Rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys posted a part out thread in the classified section. Let me know in there if you need anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Pretty much everything I ordered came in!

Full front and rear suspension refresh kit

H&R lowering springs and bilstein struts

Front and rear brake refresh with stainless lines and Brembo rotors

All bottom end and top end gaskets and seals

Plugs, wires, cap, and rotor

My rebuilt injectors came in from CAtuned, but one of the caps were cracked so I’m waiting on my replacement injector. Aside from that, just a few small things left to get it all back together once I get my cylinder head back from the machine shop. Until then I’m going to work on my front and rear suspension.

Comment

Well kept some things, parted out others, and someone came and bought the shell. Another great guy who races e30 and is going to make the calypso his race car. He stuck Round for about 45 minutes talking back and forth about my e30 resto project.

Also, since my head machine work isn’t done I’ve decided to get all the front end work done and back in the car first. Been working on the two front assemblies a few hours each night after the kids go down. Everything was smooth until I went to get the gland nuts off.... lol I’ve discovered they are b6 bilsteins but I’ve went the pipe wrench route but since they’re out of the car I’m lacking the leverage to get a good grip on them. Going to try the housings in a vice to get them off, for now they’re soaking In PB blaster over night.

Comment

Got my cylinder head back from TEM Performance and I couldn’t be happier. Rich said everything checked out, no major issues with anything. The head is totally fresh now. All inspected, hot tanked, pressure tested, valve job, resurfaced, new seals, reassembled back to spec, etc..

Now I have everything to start reassembling the engine and get it pieced together. Just have to find the time !

Comment

Ordered a new left side strut housing because that gland nut was so sieved, I tried everything. Also the new bilsteins only came with one new gland nut so i ordered two new ones through summit racing, just waiting on those to come in so I can get the front suspension closer to being finished. I need to hurry up because everytime a set of Coilovers come up for sale I contemplate returning my new struts and springs and buying them lol

Comment

Finally got around to installing the fresh oil pan gasket and my oil pan. The next night I went ahead and there on the new water pump and gasket as well. Slowly, slowly, coming back together.

Ordered the correct size and thread pitch thread chaser so I can clean out my head bolt threads in the block. Two day shipped it so I can clean those out and get the fresh head and head gasket on.

Comment

Zee’s 1992 convertible resto daily build

Went ahead and cleaned up and sanded down my exhaust manifolds to spray them. Just did a rattle can, high temp flame proof primer and spray. I know jet hot or ceramic coating is the correct application for stuff like this, but I’m not doing a performance build where I need heat resistance. Either way, should be better than that rusted over look. Shout out to all my fellow budget builders [emoji23]

Last edited by ZeeVaughn; 02-03-2019, 07:06 PM.

Comment

So took a 5 hour round trip today and picked up what is going to be my 5 speed swap. He sold me the Getrag 260 5 speed, driveshaft, pedal box, dust shield, flywheel pressure plate and clutch, and throw out bearing.

Going to go ahead order what I’m missing as well ass everything that should be replaced (bearings, clutch kit, CSB, etc..)

Original plans was to keep the auto, but this just makes sense

Comment

Been a while since the last update. Was traveling for work but still piecing everything together. I came upon a black interior out of another vert so I drove down and picked it up and spent Saturday morning swapping out my tan interior for black with grey carpet. Just need to find some quality black floor mats.

Comment

Also after some deliberation and thought of future plans with this car I went ahead and ordered an ARP head stud kit. Have the engine all taken apart and a fresh head so why not. Install went smooth and got the head on Sunday night!

Comment

Tonight took the time to throw in my new rocker shaft plugs, valve cover gasket, and valve cover that was powder coated a while back. I really love how this is coming along

Man this thing has come a long way..

Comment

Impressive when you look back!
                          E30 320i vert
                          But daily drive is Volvo V60 Polestar

Comment

Well it’s been about 6 months since I bought the car and still a lot to do. I switched careers and also bought a house so it’s been slow going.

Since the last, I’ve started to piece the engine back together and got some other goodies. Picked up a reinforced subframe from garagistic, and a z3 rack from someone here on the forums.

I went ahead and installed those along with my h&r springs and billy struts and all new control arms, tie rods, and bushings.

Comment

Zee’s 1992 convertible resto daily build

Also, after 3 months, Evasive got my wheels in from Japan and shipped them to me. Not the usual BBS style wheel choice you’ll see, but I was going for something different than the usual mesh wheel. I love how they turned out, now just need to get some tires.

3 piece Work Meister CR01

Comment

Looking great! Keep going!
                                Jon (OO=[][]=OO)
                                1992 325ic white, stock with a 5-speed swap
                                Palm Beach County

Comment

Working...
                                X