FK 60/40 mm Springs & Bilstein Sports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FK 60/40 mm Springs & Bilstein Sports

Well, I finally got around to installing the springs & shocks I had lying around the garage for about a year, and I'm glad I did. I got the springs about a year ago from Ami motorsports for their sale price of $150. I had looked into just about every spring out there, and thought this was a good way to go. I had heard good things about the springs and bad things about the shocks. I had heard the springs were pretty stiff - comparable to H&R sports as far as stiffness/spring rates, but H&R doesn't have quite as much drop, and I wanted more. Also, you can't beat the price. Pairing them with Bilstein sports was a no brainer. I got the shocks off ebay from an individual for $300, new and unused.

Install went smoothly, and I replaced the strut bushings in the process. My car also has front control arms that are only about a year old and solid, offset, polyurethane lolipop bushings.

Now for the performance - color me impressed! The springs are stiffer than I anticipated. I've been in e30's with Suspension Tech. springs & HR, and these are noticably stiffer. The handling feels absolutely flat. I can corner at the limit with total control now. It's just amazing. When the tires start to break loose, it's almost a perfect, neutral slide. I really like them, and the 60/40 drop looks great.

Now, I'm not an expert on other springs. I can't say these are better than or worse than any other because I don't have the knowledge and experience to make that statement. However, I can definately recommend these to anyone looking for a tight, flat handling ride with a great looking drop.

Other issues of potential interest - all stock spring pads retained, car currently had 14" basketweaves with BFG Touring Radials. I'll add pics later and contribute to the suspension forum also.
Working...
X