No announcement yet.

My rant about: THR lollipoops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh, but i'm planning on it and want to make my car a "track car". I am planning on flat black wheels to hide brake dust and a headlight delete so i can draw in cool air at the track

also, about to order brake ducts.

why are you questioning my desires? just let me do what i want... gosh.

anyway, i think i should get these THR CABs... when's the next group buy? I'm too poor to pay retail

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave
      You must have oversized tires or some other issue with your front end then.
      Not really, the offset bushings push the wheels forward. This is why 5-lug guys with e36 parts should want/need the offsetness.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveCN
        ATTENTION EVERYONE:

You can pick up the phone and call Jon at Treehouse and he will tell you what to do.

Really.

I did just this (mine had been fine, then started making noise) Jon was very nice to deal with and mailed me the new replacement bushings which took care of the problem.

That is my experience.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Originally posted by Lars325is
          oh, but i'm planning on it and want to make my car a "track car". I am planning on flat black wheels to hide brake dust and a headlight delete so i can draw in cool air at the track

anyway, i think i should get these THR CABs... when's the next group buy? I'm too poor to pay retail
          This is America. Buy it on credit, and just let debt build up! Credit cards are free money.
          The BMW 318 is back. With a vengeance.

Comment

Originally posted by Lars325is

You have to be joking.

Jeremy, I have offset CABs and I don't rub the fender liners and my tires are very slightly oversized.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

I used to at full lock until...well...I'm not sure, but it stopped rubbing one day. So I can see that some people will run into that problem, but definitely not everyone.

Comment

Didn't read the whole thread, but wanted to say this.

Mine popped, then I replaced the black material with the new white material, and I haven't heard a pop since!

I LOVE THESE BUSHINGS! I LOVE feeling EVERY thing I drive over.

Stop bitching. They make a damn good product.
                - Sean Hayes

Comment

TJ: King Luis was at stock height, therefore the tire was pretty far forward, because as I'm sure you know, lowering an E30 brings the wheel backwards in the wheel well due to caster.

Keep it slideways!!

Comment

FWIW mine make some noise and I have the white bushings
                    I won't be buying them again unless I buy another e30 and go e36 5-lug

and Robert, Permit doesn't smoke. If you're going to fucking dog on someone, at least get your shit straight. And this was a rant, so take it easy champ.. there may have been people who would have bought them for their street cars if they hadn't read this thread. If this clarified but one person's idea of the bushings, then his thread was successful.
                    I would have thought that you'd have grown up by now. fluke thing I read this thread :\

-Bryson

Comment

When I removed the THR CAB's, they had actually rusted TO the CA because I was told to sand the paint off the CA. Bad idea. I installed the white sleeves and all is well for now (I used to have mad popping). Its probably going to rust again though...

Comment

I installed mine with new m3 aluminum arms and have had no issue whatsover... I think this post should be disregarded as I know several people who have this product and are completely satisfied with it.

And Heeter sounds like he is drunk.

cheers.
                        PNW Crew
                        90 m3
                        06 m5

Comment

hm.

lots of good points, lots of...yeah.

Anyways. Jeremy, you're more than welcome to voice your opinion - that's what this board is for. And you didn't slander anything - you simply stated the unhappiness you felt for the inconvenience of having these bushings on your car.

Why Heeter and others have to take your negative remarks towards a product THR makes is beyond me - let that company and its representatives do the arguing. That's part of business. There are going to be unhappy customers. It's not the other happy customer's job to tell them to shut up and have another one.

In any case - this should be in product reviews, and that's where it's going. I'm tempted to clean up anything that DOESN'T relate to the cabs specifically, but I'm restraining myself in the interest of keeping things accurate and limiting the censorship. Restrain...interesting new concept. Some of the members that posted in this thread should try it.

Jeremy isn't a bad person because his THR cabs pop and he doesn't like that. Shit, I nitpick every pop, creak and rattle in my car - and it's a convertible. If I had the popping that he, along with others, described, I'd bitch too. Yes, I'd call the company and see if they had a solution - but I'd probably post first to gauge other's reactions.

Everyone needs to calm the fuck down. We are all entitled to our own opinions, for better or worse, and people need to start respecting them. Jeremy put a part on his car that was intended for race use, and found out why it shouldn't be on a street car (again, in his instance.) He now has passed that on to prospective buyers and they can use this (both Jeremy's argument and the others in response) to help weigh their decision on whether or not their street car needs such a product.

Comment

lol @ this thread. i agree w/ tj too FUH RAZE for me

Comment

Well I have THR cabs that pop like hell. I've sanded the CA, cleaned everything, uninstalled and reinstalled about 5 times, and it still makes noise.
                              Sometimes when I reinstall them the noise goes away, but within a week or 2 its back.
                              Yes, you can hear it from outside, one time a security guard heard me driving in and came up saying "Do you know what that noise is? My car does that and its driving me crazy, do you know how to fix it?"

I said "I got some fuh raze parts, whats your excuse?"

I might give THR a call because I don't mind the ride quality, it's just the damn popping.
                              Making calls to companies in my case is an extreme PITA, due to the time difference and my work schedule, I can never get to anyone during business hours... companies need to answer calls 24 hours a day :P

Comment

Originally posted by uofom3
                                I installed mine with new m3 aluminum arms and have had no issue whatsover... I think this post should be disregarded as I know several people who have this product and are completely satisfied with it.

And Heeter sounds like he is drunk.

cheers.

it should not be disregarded if there is a single instance of 'malfunction'

the fact that this is repeatable among multiple people, cars, materials, geographical locations, etc exemplifies that this is a legitimate complaint.

Just because some of those old specific firestone tires did not de-tread does not mean the issue should have been ignored....

edit: I'm not trying to be a dick or be difficult here, but I would just like people to realize the point that I am making
                                Last edited by Bryson; 04-17-2006, 11:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X