No announcement yet.

My rant about: THR lollipoops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why would you need IE 3's and Koni's then? :)

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave View Post
      Why would you need IE 3's and Koni's then? :)
      Because I wanted good quality springs, with good performance and ride quality, and I got the Konis for their adjustability, so I can tune them to the ride quality I want for normal driving, and to be able to bring them to full stiffness for auto-x in a matter of minutes. That doesn't mean I need solid control arm bushings.

Comment

Im with euro. Solid control arm bushings are serious overkill on the street.
        Back to my roots

Comment

I don't get this thread? I had these on my e36 M3 quite a while and never heard one chirp from them.

Ever heard of lube...like, good lube (water resistant)? I hope you didn't install them dry.:dot:

I would suggest these to anyone with a street car.

Comment

Their old bushings (black) made lots of noises for a lot of people. The new ones (white) are much better.

Comment

Originally posted by permit View Post
              Their old bushings (black) made lots of noises for a lot of people. The new ones (white) are much better.
              But still make noise when its below 65* out.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

I've never heard one peep out of the older bushings. You guys just suck.

Comment

Originally posted by Schneider325 View Post
                  I've never heard one peep out of the older bushings. You guys just suck.
                  And I haven't heard anything out of the newer bushings.

Comment

I have the black bushings and haven't heard shit yet

Comment

Originally posted by cramer View Post
                      I installed these with new M3 control arms and have no issues with noises. I would recommend them to anyone.

When you installed yours, did you thoroughly clean/sand your control arms?
                      Exactly what I did, and I had the same experience; love them.
                      PNW Crew
                      90 m3
                      06 m5

Comment

I loved the E30 M3 CAB's but they were torn apart when a shop was chaning my control arms (i was away on vacation)

But us 24V guys need to get these so that the exhaust can clear...or just make less adjustments to make the exhaust fit.
                        IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Originally posted by dude8383 View Post
                          I loved the E30 M3 CAB's but they were torn apart when a shop was chaning my control arms (i was away on vacation)

But us 24V guys need to get these so that the exhaust can clear...or just make less adjustments to make the exhaust fit.
                          im runnin e30 m3 rubber CAB and i have no exhaust clearance issues...i guess its a case by case scenario. i heard that they were NEEDED for the swap and was looking all over for a used set b/c i didnt wanna dish out any more $$$ for my swap. ended up just sticking with the m3 ones, and it was fine.
                          IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

I pulled mine off when I removed my subframe. Or, at least thought I did. The bushings are 100% seized to my control arm, do not budge at all. Also, the powdercoating is flaking off and they are rusting pretty good.

Anyone else having these issues? Is this covered under their lifetime warranty? :)
                            - Sean Hayes

Comment

Working...
                            X