Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody in the UK willing to buy a vacuum for me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody in the UK willing to buy a vacuum for me?

Hello everybody. My buddy and I detail cars... and we have decided we need a new vacuum.

The one I REALLY want though is a Numatic.. which is impossible to get in the states (unless you want to pay $400 :()

So, I have found a seemingly reputable dealer. Chemiclean UK

I want the NVP200 as linked to above. I also want the longer hose, which is an additional 18.85 euros.

That means the total is 113.85 euros without VAT. I understand VAT is basically just a tax? Care to enlighten me to that?

Anyways... I was wondering if it is possible/how much it would be to ship one of these (in the 120V configuration of course) to the states.

I have tried contacting the company directly through email but no luck... I would call but that would cost me lots of money :(

Feel free to PM me if you think you can help! Thank you - Andrew

I highly doubt they have one in 120V, shipping will be more than the vacuum itself. calling long distance really isnt that expensive anymore either.

VAT is sales tax, if your a business with a license, you can but it without tax.

Comment

Shipping will be more than the vacuum. An as posted above, international long distance, especially to the UK, isn't bad (call from a land line).
      Originally posted by Gruelius
      and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Hmm. They do make them in 120 V versions, their website has a few listed.

But I thought shipping one would be like $30. The vacuum is 15lbs. If shipping is going to be that bad, I guess I might as well forget about it :(

Comment

It would probably be 5x your estimate. It was almost $2 to send a postcard to the US from Munich.

Comment

Nuts... well I guess if I ever go to the UK.. I will bring a package back with me on the flight. lol

Comment

I'd just scour eBay for something stateside.

Comment

Id scour their ebay, and I have, it is just none are the 120V versions

Comment

Check if the power supply will work at 120V. Then all you need is a socket converter.

Comment

I dont think that will work Ken. Or it will, just not very powerful. I will email and ask them though

Comment

Should work the same.

Comment

Why does Europe have better products? :(

I want a VAX 6131 too

Comment

BTW- The prices in your links are in Pounds not Euros.... Def more expensive that way too.

Comment

Working...
                          X