Fuel Filter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel Filter?

I feel like this is a pretty basic question, but just want to make sure I'm correct. Got under the car to replace the fuel filter, and I found this:

First question, is this stock/the way it's supposed to be? Mainly because the fuel filter I have looks nothing like what I think the filter is there. The one I got from RockAuto (probably the problem right there) Looks like one for my M20, much larger canister (as big or bigger than the fuel pump).

Also, what is that weird looking thing inline before the pump? Looks like it has a large line coming from the tank (You can barely make it out just above the smaller line), then smaller line going to the pump.

Sorry for the crappy phone pic/MS paint skills.

Realoem helps out great at times :)

For the filter location, i'll let an m10 owner chime in. I'm sure its under the hood, but i'm not wanting to put out wrong info.

1992 BMW 325iC
    1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
    1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Doh! Ugh why didn't I think of RealOEM... Found the diagram for the filter, looks like the one I have which is a relief. Usually there's a small pic of the car indicating where the assembly pictured is located, but I'm not seeing it. I'll just keep poking around while I finish my tune-up.

Comment

Fuel filter is under the hood underneath the brake booster on th frame rail.

Comment

Fuel filter location (see pic)

The thing before the pump is supposed to be there , I think is some kind of pressure regulator , I think.
          The thing after the pump , I have no ideea , I have no such thing on my car.
          Attached Files

Comment

I think those are to even out the pressure surges. Fuel filter is definitely located as shown in Tzzantaru's picture.

Comment

Working...
            X