Power windows and Sunroof won't work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power windows and Sunroof won't work

1988 Late model 325is. The car in question has inoperable windows and sunroof. They run under the same circuit which I am aware of, fuse #17. The fuse is 30 amps and is okay. I then tested every switch and the city it breaker and I do not have power. I tried tightening the green wire on the starters and that didn't work. I also switched relays and they all work. This thing has me stumped I have tried everything. I also noticed this upon further inspection in the fuse box: every fuse has connectors for each side except for this fuse (#17) i then proceeded to pull of the top of the box and looked for the wire and connector to see if it fell out from under and there was nothing there. According to the wiring diagram I found, it said it was a green and black wire and I traced that wire to fuse #8 which is the rear window defogger. This car is kicking my ass and I'm stumped I need help ASAP. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

did you check the window lock? that blank button next to the switches?
    for a couple of days i thought my windows were broken or something. to this day i'm still confused why there would be a window lock on a coupe.

Comment

It's not a window lock. They put a circuit breaker in so a fuse wouldn't blow when somebody was trying to role both windows up and close the sunroof at the same time.
      what you did to this car is like getting a supermodel naked and willing to do anything you please. now here you are faced with ths once in a lifetime opportunity and then you squander it by making her fuck you in the butt with a 24" strap on. you are a sad, silly little boy.

Comment

looks like you have found the issue there should be a connector with a Wht/Blk wire on it that is the output of fuse 17 to the accessories connector under drivers dash "Q" pin of C302 ,fuse 16(Wht/Brn to seat heaters) shares the same output from the K5 unloader relay so check that fuse for power if it is good you know that part of the circuit is working (from unloader to fuses 16,17), definately need to find that wire/connector for windows/sunroof to work

do you have your ETM for your car ? if not download it here http://www.wedophones.com/BMWManualsLead.htm and look at page 0670-3 power distribution page to see the K5 unloader circuit
        Angus
        88 E30M3 X2
        89 325IX
        92 R100GS/PD
        :)

Comment

Working...
        X