The r3v motorcycle thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
    ... have been considering buying a VT500 that's been sitting in my Dad's shed for a long time...
    My son has a Honda CBR1100XX as well as this red Ascot. He actually loves the Ascot more than his other 160hp rocket. The VT500 Ascot is a fun bike. Not much power though and pretty small tank. But it is a nice bike.

Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

^
      I never really liked the design or performance of the Ascot when I was younger, but as I've aged it has really begun to appeal to me. Considering that the one I'd be after is only tires/indicators/fluids/basic service away from riding makes it even more appealing.

Comment

My dad had an old Ascot, never got a chance to ride it before he traded it for a Harley.

I just redid the beamers whole front end with the later style brembo forks, resealed and all, with a boxer metal top triple and loads of other goodies. She's finally back on the road. I have not had the heart to strip her into a cafe just yet, she's been too much fun in stock form. I did get the boxer metal rear sets though that I'm excited for. Probably will be a winter project.

PICTURES!

CENTERBAR MOTORSPORT - Check out my small Bimmer/Beamer parts and custom projects business!
        Instagram: @centerbarmotorsport
        Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/centerbarmo...?ref=bookmarks

The Fleet:
        -1984 325ei Lapis
        -1991 325ix Diamond
        - 2005 X5 4.4i Black Sapphire

-1972 2002tii Fjord - SOLD 7/8/17
        -1991 325i S50 ///Sterling Silver/// - SOLD 9/15/17

The Bike:
        -1980 R100RS Inca

sigpic

Comment

im thinking about picking up a KLR 650 for commuting/weekend trip stuff anyone had any experience with them?

Comment

[ATTACH]116655[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]116656[/ATTACH]

Comment

I just sold a 2004 CRF250R (dirt only) and picked up a 2011 Husqvarna TE301 dual purpose that seems amazing so far. Actually, looking at the shop manual, this era of the Husqvarna company was owned by BMW!!

A big off-road riding area in PA is only open to licensed bikes so I made the switch.

Comment

Gave her a quick bath and took her for an evening cruise tonight:

Honda Dream 305 by Geoff Potter, on Flickr
                "Modern cars, they all look like electric shavers."
                http://www.flickr.com/photos/bloodonthemotorway/sets/

sigpic

Comment

Thought I posted these, guess not!

Bike is up on stands right now, awaiting the rebuild.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
                  2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

Anyone want an 85 vf1000r I have one that needs the carbs synced for $1000, new front tire, sea level jets yet to be installed. 85 first year sc16, vin is ends...000000016 which somehow adds value lol.
                    Jah bless! :pimp:

Comment

Downz,

Nice pictures! When are you planning on moving to Flag?

I have been wheeling out in the Cinders, off of the 89, in my old XJ a handful of times. Always a blast. Not a dirt bike/quad guy, but I bet riding is a good time as well!

SP Crater is another cool place to check out. You can see the solidified lava and where it flowed from the top of the volcano down into a nearby flat area.
                      My previous build (currently E30-less)
                      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
                        Downz,

Nice pictures! When are you planning on moving to Flag?

I have been wheeling out in the Cinders, off of the 89, in my old XJ a handful of times. Always a blast. Not a dirt bike/quad guy, but I bet riding is a good time as well!

SP Crater is another cool place to check out. You can see the solidified lava and where it flowed from the top of the volcano down into a nearby flat area.
                        Ha maybe some day! I love it here down in the valley, but down the road I may do a short snow bird kinda deal and get some land with a small house/cabin up there for the summer months. Aside from the time I got sick on memorial day up there, it was a good year at the Cinders this year! Im going to try and squeeze one more day ride up there before it gets too cold.

In the mean time, I'm starting to strip down this tired banshee of mine and build it/restore it proper. Not much done yet, but plan is to do a fresh top end with ported jugs, cut head to run avgas like I do in my WR, some upgrades to the suspension to get rid of those massive POS aftermarket shocks the previous owner slapped on it, and frame swap/paint to get it legal so I can avoid any hassle at the dunes/cinders etc.

Im not going crazy with building this thing, as its my back up toy and I do have a budget with it, but that doesnt mean it will be a slouch, talking with the guy Im having my porting done by, he says, and I quote, once its done, it will be a violent little motor :grin:

oh yea, and I upgrade the living arrangements since my last posting too which im very excited/pleased with, went from a cozy garage to a much more spacious one, oh and the whole house thing too

before

current, much more room for more bikes, and best of all, no shared walls/no one above me, no more meth head neighbor! fuck that guy!!
                        Last edited by bikerbill2021; 10-10-2017, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Streichholzschächtelchen View Post
                          Anyone want an 85 vf1000r I have one that needs the carbs synced for $1000, new front tire, sea level jets yet to be installed. 85 first year sc16, vin is ends...000000016 which somehow adds value lol.

One of the best sounding engines ever, wish you were closer...
                          Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                          The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
                            One of the best sounding engines ever, wish you were closer...
                            Originally posted by Streichholzschächtelchen View Post
                            $700 shipped to 18944? lol

Recently went on an organized dual sport ride in Central PA that turned out to kinda of mess for me. First time off-roading in a few years, new-to-me bike, rainy & wet, typical very rocky terrain. Difficult course for a "dual sport" ride, more like a hare scramble for barely legal dirt bikes. Made it 10 miles into the first 40 mile loop and bailed, went home exhausted and defeated.

I think I really just like trail riding at this point plus I am really starting to hate east coast/coal country rocks. The trails that downz rides look much nicer to me.

Comment

Originally posted by tim88325is View Post

I think I really just like trail riding at this point plus I am really starting to hate east coast/coal country rocks. The trails that downz rides look much nicer to me.
                              Well, I'm from NY originally and have done some light quading in PA as an early teen, so I get where your coming from, but the trails out here can be a meaaaannnnn mistress lol, especially when you take a rock to a knee cap or a thigh to rough slate at high speed. Plus the cactus out here love to hug you and hang on

In all seriousness though, there is so much great riding and diversity out here, you can go as easy or hard as you want. My mentor was a hill shooter from KY, so we would always attack the rockiest rutted hills we could find, usually taking him one shot and me several, but it def made me a better rider in multiple areas.

Don't beat yourself up about cutting your losses tho, I just got home less than an hour ago from my beloved Cinders up north, pissed off and beat up. Plan was for a Saturday of riding and a quick overnight, but my tires, while physically looked ok, could not bite to save theirs, or my, life. Extremely frustrating, kept washing the front and drifting the rear on everything, but it is what it is, gotta get back on it with some fresh rubber and get back at it

Comment

Hey Downz, thanks for the reply. Yeah, it was just mix of issues that were tough for me. I am going to try another dual sport run in south Jersey, should be sandy and no hills. I was surprised how technical the "dual sport" run was.

Plus I am realizing that I really don't have any to prove with riding motorcycles, the simple act of spirited trail riding or slight sporty street riding is enough for me.

Growing up in SE PA, we would ride on farm fields and woods with just dirt(now developed or off limits), no coal slag rocks, etc. Maybe doing offroading in Tennessee or someplace with actual soil is where I need to go at this point in my life.

Comment

Working...
                                X