No announcement yet.

What's the realistic price of this e30?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pfft, there's S54 swapped e30's worth 12k!

I'd say 5 tops, especially with the bogus odometer reading.
    If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
      pfft, there's S54 swapped e30's worth 12k!

I'd say 5 tops, especially with the bogus odometer reading.
      It's not bogus it's just TMU True Mileage Unknown as a it has had a cluster swapped at some point.
      https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Each to their own, odometer means nothing to me on a 30yr old car. By Now everything that needed to be replaced either has been or needs to be.

Odometer wont tell you how many nights it has been left in the rain rusting.

Take it for a drive, if it starts, idles, doesnt overheat, stops, turns and doesnt make any weird noises, thats 90% a good car.

Major Crash damage though, avoid that like the plague. You cant fix that with spanners. An odometer wont tell you about crash damage either.

Comment

A 10k car should be near perfect, this car is far from that.

4500-5k imho.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Originally posted by parkerbink View Post

4500-5k imho.
            I am on board with this, and I do not think this is a 60k mile car we are seeing.

Also, the dealer has a $1200 E36 M3 vert, which appears to be the only decent offering they have, although I am sure it's either "sold," or listed with the "wrong" price.

Comment

Originally posted by parkerbink View Post

4500-5k imho.
              That 5000.00 dollar difference is not much money when you consider all of the potential issues that might need to be addressed.the owner would have to do all of this work himself ,where I live you could not afford to have a professional shop address all of the needed issues.THat is why many people try and buy a car that someone has spent time and money on trying to repair all of the issues that might exist,...a perfect car ?,where is that?

Comment

Originally posted by 1843lamp View Post
                That 5000.00 dollar difference is not much money when you consider all of the potential issues that might need to be addressed.the owner would have to do all of this work himself ,where I live you could not afford to have a professional shop address all of the needed issues.THat is why many people try and buy a car that someone has spent time and money on trying to repair all of the issues that might exist,...a perfect car ?,where is that?

Based on that it's worth -30k.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Take a look at this car. Priced lower and has minors to finish off.

Comment

I agree, better condition.
                    Not perfect but worth it's asking price

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
                    It's not bogus it's just TMU True Mileage Unknown as a it has had a cluster swapped at some point.
                    No, it is bogus. The seller is clearly trying to take advantage of the low mileage on the odometer and using that as a selling feature. While it's true that it's unknown, the seller is not stating its "TMU".
                    If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Bet the title says TMU and if it doesn't then I would call the state's attorney general or consumer protection division and report shop for fraud.

Massatwoshits has good lemon law protection for buyers. I also look at it is you need to be an informed consumer, and at least he did ask for help before blindly spending hard earned money.

Comment

hmm.. body colored mirrors mean an upscale model or a respray

rear fenders NOT drilled for federalized side markers

late model coolant tank but early model lack of distributor cover and what looks like an early model fuel rail. Early model ICV.

valve cover breather hose apparently open to atmosphere (check out the hose leading to a filter near the front of the motor in the pic looking at the engine bay from the passenger side)

european dual fog light switch means either the PO went through the trouble to retrofit rear fogs OR the car was a euro model that originally had fog lights

missing carpet btw

looks like an early model brake fluid reservoir

head light covers/backings are correct spec for ellipsoid headlights

is that a short throw shifter?

seat belt receivers are the 84/85 type

I'd bet the speedo in the cluster has been swapped but the rest is German or some other country that uses liters.

It's definitely an interesting car. I'd buy it but not for 10k. Today's market would dictate something like 6.5k if rust is minimal for what appears to be a euro import with an mt1 kit and b25 motor, enthusiast owned. You're seeing a dealer inflated price that includes haggle room and overhead.
                        Last edited by Das Delfin; 09-07-2017, 04:00 PM.

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

It was a N/A car it has 17 digit vin.

Comment

^ I was wondering about the VIN but wasn't sure if they are a different pattern for euro cars

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

16 digits

Comment

Working...
                              X