No announcement yet.

OK this seller needs a new hobby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...all this and yet, I am sure the paint finish still has orange peel.

Bugs the sh*t out of me how so many new cars have crap paint finish from the get go. Not just low dollar Toyota's too, but Bimmers, Audi's..etc. I've heard the excuse that it reflect more light and makes the color pop...etc.
    1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
    2016 Ford Flex
    2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post

Bugs the sh*t out of me how so many new cars have crap paint finish from the get go. Not just low dollar Toyota's too, but Bimmers, Audi's..etc. I've heard the excuse that it reflect more light and makes the color pop...etc.
      sorry its off topic, but I totally agree. My dad and I painted our '66 merc a few years ago by ourselves. Initially I thought our orange peeling was kind of meh, but then I compared it to a newer ('09) bimmer and they were very comparable.

Maybe its related to the company trying to save a few bucks a car with thin paint.... They don't make them like they used to.

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post

I've been noticing this for some time now. Looks awful. It's not too surprising on a Ford or a Honda, but on upper end German cars, it's pretty pathetic.

Comment

Someone needs to buy it and make it a track car.
          Jimmy P.
          87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
          88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Garage Queen
          88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - SCCA SPU #98
          92 M Technic Cabrio - S14 Powered!
          98 318Ti Morea Green
          04 Ford F350 Dually Tow Machine

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyP View Post
            Someone needs to buy it and make it a track car.
            I'm thinking to paint flowers all over it...art car style, then send the PO pics.

Geez I have a shitty attitude but then we've been without power since Sunday so who can blame me...plus it's my thread so if you don't like it...well...you get the idea :)
            Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
            Alice the Time Capsule
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
            87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

Originally posted by jeffnhiscars View Post
              I'm thinking to paint flowers all over it...art car style, then send the PO pics.

Geez I have a shitty attitude but then we've been without power since Sunday so who can blame me...plus it's my thread so if you don't like it...well...you Canlickasweattybutthole
              What you meant to say?
              sigpic
              Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
              92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
              88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
              88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
              87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
              12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Who was that artist that bought all the vette's so he could turn them in to an Art project or some sh*t. Get that guy to buy it and let him go all modern art on it..
                1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                2016 Ford Flex
                2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Working...
                X