No announcement yet.

Will be moving to Ramstein in Feb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Used to be in K-town, a friend has my old E30. He works at 603rd. It's a nice area and puts you between Hockenheim and Nurburgring. I can ask around to some people I know in the Heidelberg area if you're looking for a E30.

M-T3 that pic is WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I knew a C5 could carry anything but....HOLY SHIT!!!!! Awesome pic. Around here AAFES has super+ at around 3.20, but it's going up :(

How do I spell stress relief?:hitler:
    :!:Open Track Days!!!:!:

Comment

Carry's not one but TWO, plus all the gear to need to assembly and fly them.
      https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by elsabor67 View Post
        Used to be in K-town, a friend has my old E30. He works at 603rd. It's a nice area and puts you between Hockenheim and Nurburgring. I can ask around to some people I know in the Heidelberg area if you're looking for a E30.

M-T3 that pic is WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I knew a C5 could carry anything but....HOLY SHIT!!!!! Awesome pic. Around here AAFES has super+ at around 3.20, but it's going up :(
        That would be appreciated anything coming up for sale around Feb would be awesome.

Comment

Or ask Eric, or take a ride over to Baumholder there used to be tons of E30 there.

Comment

good luck finding an E30 M3. unless you get retardedly lucky like yan or alex did, E30 M3's are more expensive here than in the states. About 10 years ago there was a mass exodus of E30 M3's from germany, mostly to england. Now the price of the ones in country are very high and climbing fast.

It would be cheaper for you to buy one stateside and have it shipped comercially. Winters are long and summers are short, so unless you plan on driving it on salt covered roads, plan on it being out for 5 months a year. It was 80 2 weeks ago, and they salted last night:(

My advice for buying and used bmw in germany. Please please please don't buy one from an american or the guy right outside base! The americans destroy them and put as little money as possible in the things because of the "i'm leaving soon, i just want to drive it till i leave and i don't care what happens after that" mentality. The germans buy these cars and drive them until it becomes too expensive to register or too expensive to pass TUV, and then they sell them to the americans who have a much more lenient inspection process. From there the only maintenance done is what is required to pass the base inspection.
            I would find a nice E30 in Northern Germany and make a day trip out of going to pick it up. Because of the proximity to the North Sea, the roads freeze less and they use a lot less salt up there therefore the cars have a lot less rust than the southern regions. You also don't have the mass quantities of americans in that area, so the TUV should be current and the car will typically be in good working order. If you buy a semi collectible one like an Mtech I, by the time you PCS it will probably be over 25 years old and you can ship it home as a collectors car!

For gas rations, you get 400L a month unless your car has a GVW over 6,000lbs, then you get 600L a month. You can also make a special needs request for a month extension if you plan on doing a lot of in country traveling (rations only good in germany now) or if you continually run out of rations.
            I had a shop chief who's wife was a Maj stationed in Ramstein and he was a MSgt stationed at Spangdahlem. They lived 10 minutes north of Ramstein, and he drove his E32 750iL every day back and forth. Needless to say he needed a ration extension, plus skimming off his wife's car (can't do that now, it was with the old booklets)
            It is very very easy to bust your limits for rations though, especially with a thirsty CTS-V. When I had my 3.8L M5 I lived in a house that was a 20 minute autobahn commute and uphill on the way home. I would average 380L a month just driving back and forth to work. Luckily back then if you went over the gas attendants would just check past boxes, but now the automated system will charge you economy rate for gas the second you go over, and you can expect hell from customs, hell from security forces, hell from the first sergeant, hell from the lady that cleans the locker room floors, and just about anybody that has a reason to make your air force day miserable.
            My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Basically the USAFE likes to make life miserable thru paperwork. This is why they can lie to us in the face and say they are working the jet's maintance issues but nothing gets done.

Everyone has their own little empire these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                will charge you economy rate for gas the second you go over, and you can expect hell from customs, hell from security forces, hell from the first sergeant, hell from the lady that cleans the locker room floors, and just about anybody that has a reason to make your air force day miserable.
                Hell from them for what driving my car and having to pay local gas prices?

You sound very angry..lol.

I will take your advice of heading north though. If I cant find an M3 no worries. I loved my 325 when I had it, I just want to find a good one.

The V will mostly be for the wife anyway. Sucks they have gone all retarded on fuel. It was a lot easier in England. Shoot my wife is British maybe we will find an M3 there and just bring it over.

Do you like living in Germany?

Comment

Originally posted by willsol View Post
                  Hell from them for what driving my car and having to pay local gas prices?
                  Maybe it's just a Spangdahelm thing, and Ramstein, being the bigger base has better things to do than poke and prod into every crack of it's kingdom, but yes not only do they screw you by making you pay economy rates, they also hem you up for violating customs and get you administratively as well.

You sound very angry..lol.
                  I'm a very nice guy, just tired of Spangdahlemisms. This place is small town goofy where everybody needs to be in everyones buisness.

I will take your advice of heading north though. If I cant find an M3 no worries. I loved my 325 when I had it, I just want to find a good one.
                  Then don't buy one from an american! haha!

The V will mostly be for the wife anyway. Sucks they have gone all retarded on fuel. It was a lot easier in England. Shoot my wife is British maybe we will find an M3 there and just bring it over.
                  E36 M3's are very cheap up there, especially the 4 doors that nobody wants. E30 M3's are cheaper as well but still more expensive than in the states. Ratty ones are about the same price as ratty ones here.

Do you like living in Germany?
                  I love the summers in germany...:)
                  My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                    Maybe it's just a Spangdahelm thing, and Ramstein, being the bigger base has better things to do than poke and prod into every crack of it's kingdom, but yes not only do they screw you by making you pay economy rates, they also hem you up for violating customs and get you administratively as well.

I'm a very nice guy, just tired of Spangdahlemisms. This place is small town goofy where everybody needs to be in everyones buisness.

Then don't buy one from an american! haha!

E36 M3's are very cheap up there, especially the 4 doors that nobody wants. E30 M3's are cheaper as well but still more expensive than in the states. Ratty ones are about the same price as ratty ones here.

I love the summers in germany...:)
                    Cool, I will try to keep my head down and out of trouble.

Why not the winters? I love the cold personally. Im tired of half assed weather out at Langley. Talk about a shitty base...

I might consider a nice 4 door 325IX or X wagon.
                    Those both could be very fun.

I honestly cant wait to go snowboarding everywhere as well as exploring the rest of europe I never got to see while on the island that is England.

Comment

im in k-town right now just landed here about 5 or 6 days ago u will find plenty e30s around this area and yes gas is very expensive 1.40 euro per LITER 4 liters a gallon but if u buy gas with ur vat card and military star card ON BASE u save a great deal ur main concernve should be houseing once you get it its hard to come by
                      goodsites to look for cars on is ramstienbookoo.com (ramstien yard sales), mobile.de, and autoscout24.de goodluck
                      my build thread:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=231612

Comment

I landed two days ago.

At landstuhl billetting...not happy about this new inprocessing thing. Have to wait till Thursday. Cannot believe the prices people want for POS golfs on base.

Looking for a house and where have you found a good E30 at?

Comment

Hey welcome!

I lucked out and found my e30 on Ramstein yardsales. It needed a bit of work but was in pretty good condition. I sorta went overboard and did a full restoration on it... LOL.

Check out the links that were posted earlier and you may have luck finding one. And if you see a almost like-new diamant-schwarz M tech 2 running around, that's me.

Nürburgring info

Comment

I ended up getting a red 318 wagon

Comment

Working...
                            X