.:FS:. Custom replacement BBS RM center cap dimple rings, set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For sale is a set of four replica BBS RM center cap trim rings, aka dimple rings. These are a direct replacement for BBS # 09.24.134, the standard 140mm trim ring found on many RM models including VW OEM RM012. Made from aluminum just as the original and will come unfinished, ready for polishing or paint prep. $90 shipped (in the US) for a set of four, Paypal only. World wide shipping available. PM if you have any questions, I'm also on VWvortex and StanceWorks with the same user name. Thanks!

BBS on left, mine on right

In Progress pics from one of my dimple ring buyers in Mexico, Thanks Hugo!

Last edited by prasina2; 12-17-2018, 03:45 PM.
    fb: @WerkstattEuropa

Just picked up a set of these for the RMs on my E30. They fit nicely and look great! Very well made.
    sigpic

Comment

what center is that? That replaced the Hex?
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Follow my IG @bavarianstance

Comment

Originally posted by rob&e30 View Post
        what center is that? That replaced the Hex?
        That particular flat cap model is from Euro Image Tuning, to the tune of $225 a set.

Comment

Awesome, I was just thinking the other day it would be a cool idea to replicate these and sell them. Looks like someone beat me to it! I'll have to snag a set of these off you if I can't fix my warped ones.

--Roundie Revival 2.0 - 1973 BMW 2002 Build Thread--
          --Golden Boy E30 Build Thread-- (sold)

Comment

Trust me bud, this parts project was on the back burner for about two years and I finally pulled the trigger. I'm not sure why the OG ones get so warped, maybe people don't have the right tool to remove the caps. Anyway, hit me up when you're ready :p

Do you have a build thread for your 2002? Looks schweet :up:

Originally posted by CubbyChowder View Post
            Awesome, I was just thinking the other day it would be a cool idea to replicate these and sell them. Looks like someone beat me to it! I'll have to snag a set of these off you if I can't fix my warped ones.

Comment

Originally posted by prasina2 View Post
              Trust me bud, this parts project was on the back burner for about two years and I finally pulled the trigger. I'm not sure why the OG ones get so warped, maybe people don't have the right tool to remove the caps. Anyway, hit me up when you're ready :p

Do you have a build thread for your 2002? Looks schweet :up:
              Yep mine are all completely warped. It's interesting because I always read that RM caps are plastic (which means powder coating is a no go) but now that I have a set of my own, I'm realizing they aren't. So they are perfect for powder coating. It must just be from people shoving in flathead screwdrivers all rushed.

I haven't been as poor as I currently am in a very long time, otherwise you'd have money in your account right now. Acquiring my own shop space has been nothing short of expensive so I'm pinching pennies, it's all part of the process though right?

If you're for some reason interested in having some e30 front strut housings shortened for a coilover build, I'd be willing to trade my service for a set of your caps. I would normally charge $125 for my service, but if you took care of shipping and added in a set of your caps, I would call it even. Just a thought, my ad is here if you're interested so you can see the work I do: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297410

As for my 2002 build, I have a heavily documented thread from the past year and a half just a click away on the link right above my signature picture, it reads "Build Thread|Roundie Revival". Check it out!

Comment

^Thanks for the offer, but I can't use the coil over parts now. Your 2002 build thread is awesome, I like the older vintage cars much more. Nice work!

bump!

Comment

In Progress pics from one of my dimple ring buyers in Mexico, Thanks Hugo!

Comment

Ahh I want a set so bad! I just refinished these, and my dimple rings are looking pretty sad... If I can't fix mine I'm buying yours for sure.

Last edited by CubbyChowder; 09-19-2013, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Bump for nice fab work!

e24 e9 e30
                      IG: peterkaczynski

Comment

wish i could take credit for the actual fabrication. i helped with the tooling design, etc. and have some talented guys working on the fab.

Comment

Another RM project in the works with my dimple rings, thanks for the update Heriberto in Mexico City!

Comment

This guy literally shipped my order at night so I could get my parts the next day, super respectful and answer all of my questions as soon as I asked!

Quality parts as well as soon as I'm done with my wheels I will post pics!
                            Thanks again Craig
                            Last edited by Peterkaczynski; 10-06-2013, 01:06 PM.

e24 e9 e30
                            IG: peterkaczynski

Comment

Originally posted by teh_activ View Post
                              This guy literally shipped my order at night so I could get my parts the next day, super respectful and answer all of my questions as soon as I asked!

Quality parts as well as soon as I'm done with my wheels I will post pics!
                              Thanks again Craig
                              Thanks for the feedback!

Comment

Working...
                              X