Let's talk about anarchy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by decay View Post
    you realize you're calling protestors fascists out of one side of your mouth, and advocating fascism out of the other, right?
    Please do tell...

Comment

when you say "play stupid games, win stupid prizes" in this context, you're effectively saying that terrorizing someone is an acceptable response to political speech or action.

we're getting off-track here because this isn't even about anarchism any more- that's counter to the 1st amendment- which is something i would hope we'd all agree on.
      past:
      1989 325is (learner shitbox)
      1986 325e (turbo dorito)
      1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
      1985 323i baur
      current:
      1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

when you say "play stupid games, win stupid prizes" in this context, you're effectively saying that terrorizing someone is an acceptable response to political speech or action.

we're getting off-track here because this isn't even about anarchism any more- that's counter to the 1st amendment- which is something i would hope we'd all agree on.
        Wow you're putting a lot of words in my mouth. What I meant was if you are out doing something where you need to hide your face and you get made and your boss finds out and shit cans you because he doesn't want a dumbass workinng for him, well you get what you deserve.

Everyone is intitled to their first amendment, doesn't mean your actions don't have consequences.

If I were to say I want to kill politician so and so and got caught I'd be looking for a new job. That's why I don't say stupid things.

If you want your message to be heard man up and don't hide. If you believe in your cause so much then you should be strong enough to not mask up. No one takes hidin g behind a mask serious

Comment

Except you likely haven't done something to warrant your employer firing you. Your employer fires you because your identity is exposed to hundreds if not thousands of vindictive individuals who find joy in harassing someone, and he simply cannot handle the onslaught of harassment coming his own and his businesses way.

You're going down the road of "if you have nothing to hide", and that is a terrible road to go down.

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post
            Except you likely haven't done something to warrant your employer firing you. Your employer fires you because your identity is exposed to hundreds if not thousands of vindictive individuals who find joy in harassing someone, and he simply cannot handle the onslaught of harassment coming his own and his businesses way.

You're going down the road of "if you have nothing to hide", and that is a terrible road to go down.
            No I haven't because I have a security clearance, not a high one but one none the less. I keep on the straight and narrow.

There Is a difference between keeping your nose clean and letting the man in your life.

Comment

well, maybe put a little more effort into your reply next time, because i think it's fair to say that that six-word response left some room for interpretation.

my last 3 jobs have all required background checks and i've had security clearance as well.

as such, i'm not going to apologize for keeping my identity safe.
              past:
              1986 325e (turbo dorito)
              1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
              1985 323i baur
              current:

Comment

well, maybe put a little more effort into your reply next time, because i think it's fair to say that that six-word response left some room for interpretation.

my last 3 jobs have all required background checks and i've had security clearance as well.

as such, i'm not going to apologize for keeping my identity safe.
                And I'm not going to apologize for not taking you serious when you hide behind a mask

Comment

so do you think it's ethical to publish activists' personal information?

because that's why we wear them.
                  past:
                  1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                  1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                  1985 323i baur
                  current:

Comment

Why does it matter? Are you scared of 4chan? I know it's not exactly the same thing, but did our fore fathers hide behind masks before or during the revolution? Why don't Trump supporters hide behind masks?

Comment

you claim your job requires security clearance and you're asking why exposure of PII is bad?
                      past:
                      1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                      1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                      1985 323i baur
                      current:

Comment

you claim your job requires security clearance and you're asking why exposure of PII is bad?
                        What I mean is you arnt in for a penny in for a pound. It's not something you are all in for. You are in for the short term and when this little fad dies out you will go on your merry way.

If people really believed in it they would go full bore, haven't seen much of that.

Comment

I'm going bow out of this conversation, I've posted the most in this one and it kinda makes me look like a dick

Comment

I see the point though. The Founding Fathers argument was the perfect description. The Join, or Die slogan in my avatar is exactly the thing we are talking about here: Ben Franklin created it well before the revolutionary war because, King George was going to kill anyone who disagreed with him so you might as well join. Plus, the Founding Fathers were VERY public and vocal. Some did write anonymously in the Federalist and Anti-Federalist papers. But I am sure they had reason and not some perceived risk.
                            Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
                            Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
                            Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

oh, well now that you've told us there's no real threat, I'll just let everyone know we can drop all operational security practices e_e
                              past:
                              1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                              1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                              1985 323i baur
                              current:

Comment

oh, well now that you've told us there's no real threat, I'll just let everyone know we can drop all operational security practices e_e
                                The biblical story of Saul teaches us a powerful lesson regarding the individual's moral choice and what that choice may lead to.   In ancient Israel, as |

Not that you will read it because of the source, but its a damned good read about the types of people who hide behind masks.
                                Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
                                Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
                                Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Working...
                                X