Hurricane??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hurricane??

Harvey was pretty nuts yesterday. lots of flooding here in Austin. Anyone out there have any cool footage or pics?
    i love bmws

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Lindsay's dad is stuck in Houston. God only knows why South West even had him fly down there. We were supposed to replace the top on Ruby tomorrow, but it's not looking like he'll be back to DFW very soon :(

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

Lindsay's dad sent another pic. He said the airport is closed until the 30th. This is the end of one of the runways.

Comment

Man, I miss hurricanes. The weather is so tame and predictable in the PNW, for a Floridian.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
        Derek-

Comment

A crazy huge puddle fuckin tore out my ambient air temp sensor in the ZHP yesterday had my car trippin out and my ac not working. My car is mad at me for yesterday no doubt.
          i love bmws

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by dereliiict View Post
            Man, I miss hurricanes. The weather is so tame and predictable in the PNW, for a Floridian.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
            Some people aren't happy unell there's chaos. I'm fine without it haha

Comment

Originally posted by dereliiict View Post

+1

Growing up on the prairies I miss the booming thunderstorms, lightning, bitter cold and awesome snowstorms that would test your driving abilities. Separating those with skill from those who need snow tires and AWD to get anywhere. I always found myself as one of the former.
              If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by sonomabimmers View Post
                A crazy huge puddle fuckin tore out my ambient air temp sensor in the ZHP yesterday had my car trippin out and my ac not working. My car is mad at me for yesterday no doubt.
                My car/your old car has been under a car cover for the past few days. It advertised "100% waterproof", and kept a nightly shower off the car before...I wanna know if it's wet under the cover after 3 days off this bullsh!t lol

Comment

I don't think you're going to be able to refute the claim if it gets wet from water rising from the ground up.

Also, it's okay to type "bullshit."
                  Originally posted by kronus
                  would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by Levy3Poop View Post
                    My car/your old car has been under a car cover for the past few days. It advertised "100% waterproof", and kept a nightly shower off the car before...I wanna know if it's wet under the cover after 3 days off this bullsh!t lol

Be careful with car covers I have no knowledge but have heard they can do funny things to paint from trapping water under the cover. Would hate to see that calypso go bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    i love bmws

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
                      I don't think you're going to be able to refute the claim if it gets wet from water rising from the ground up.

Also, it's okay to type "bullshit."
                      For some reason, I was under the impression R3v had a rule against swearing.

Also, I'm a few hundred miles away from Houston. I'm not worried about making an insurance claim at all. I was just saying that I hope the cover keeps my car from getting dirty from the rain.

Comment

I'm not worried about making an insurance claim at all.
                        This is the claim I was referring to:

...a car cover [...] advertised "100% waterproof"...
                        Originally posted by kronus
                        would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by sonomabimmers View Post
                          Be careful with car covers I have no knowledge but have heard they can do funny things to paint from trapping water under the cover. Would hate to see that calypso go bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Until I get the roof replaced, the cover is a necessity to keep any rain out. I bought this new cover because the last one did that and it was awful

Comment

The cover kept the water off! No dirt from the rain, no rain drops, nothin'

Comment

^is that a volvo lip?

i actually had the opportunity to be of some help today.

somehow(probably Facebook), my found out about her ex-husband's relatives who's home had flooded out overnight. so we set out to see if there was anything we could do.

i hopped on someone's random boat and we went into the neighborhood and started pulling people out of their homes. i didn't take many photos because it was raining and the touch screen on my galaxy doesn't work worth a crap when its wet. also, i was working my ass off and didn't have a lot of time.

my job was to jump out into the current and hold the boat in place/help people get on and off. i felt like a drowned rat by the end of the day.

anyway, here are a couple pics i did take.

my wife took this one while she was waiting for me to get back from a pick up.

this is a pic someone took of me while i was waiting for the boat to come back to pick us up. the boat only held 4 people so we would commonly get out and wait while the driver took a family up to high ground.

i don't have photos of it, but the current was raging like a muther trucker through parts of that neighborhood. there was no way you could swim through it.
                              Last edited by flyboyx; 08-28-2017, 08:16 PM.
                              sigpic
                              Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                              92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                              88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                              88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                              87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                              12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Working...
                              X