First photo shoot -- 1988 SETA 2.7i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First photo shoot -- 1988 SETA 2.7i

Took these about an hour ago. New to photography, so any advice is graciously accepted.

Can't be bothered to resize all of them, so here you go (sorry)

The safest and most inclusive global community of photography enthusiasts. The best place for inspiration, connection, and sharing!

Comment

Very nice picture set! Looks like a great platform. Did you pick this up about 6-8 months ago in the Bay? I somehow remember this car being list F/S.
      1988 325 Lachs Sedan SOLD

1989 325i Bronzit Beige 2 Door
      SOLD

2018 Volkswagen Alltrack SE DSG
      Past:1988 325iS Lachs 5 Speed

Comment

Originally posted by MuhTorks View Post
        Took these about an hour ago. New to photography, so any advice is graciously accepted.
        Compare the colors that you see in the e30 photos-- I think you want to make that red really pop for the 3/4 photos like you see in the straight on pics. That color deserves to shine!

Comment

Those wheels looks great! Nice pics
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

The subject is WAY underexposed. You should have shot the car from the other side, or turned it around, or set the camera to expose for the darkest areas. (This of course would have blown the bright areas out, so, best to fix it in lightroom using a graduated neutral density filter to bring the dark areas up to match the bright areas.

You got the exposure right, but the crop wrong. You should have cropped it close to get the background out of the frame. I'd have gone just to the left of the BMW emblem in the center of the trunk lid, and cropped it down close so the whole background is gone.

Not a bad shot, but are you focused on the wheel, or on the front of the car as a whole? If the wheel, again, crop close, shoot a very low depth of field (low F stop to blur the background) or vignette the outside so your focus is drawn to the wheel. If you were after the front of the car, take a few steps backward so you can get the whole front of the car.

Nice looking car.

Will
            '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
            '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
            '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
            '88 BMW M3

Comment

Working...
            X