No announcement yet.

My E30 got hit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anymore pics of OP with those cute hips?

;D
    If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Oh shit, here goes the classic r3v gangbang. OP now has to show some hip.
      For real though, sucks to see that OP. You won't be disappointed with a Cabby, though. Chassis reinforcements will be your best friend. A strut bar was actually pretty noticeable with mine. Hopefully, when I get mine rolling right again, I'll go ahead and get the cross brace as well. Having the ability to take the top down is a wonderful thing. Also get a manual and definitely non-airbag.
      88 325i Cabrio
      04 Neon SRT-4

Originally posted by MrBurgundy
      If R3v was a dude, it would pick up a tinder date naked, with a raging boner, drunk, in an e30 with a shitty interior, a missing sunroof panel, explaining how its a classic while staring at the tinder date's tits.

Comment

When I get my new car I'll be sure to include some pics showing me.

Comment

They don't make these cars anymore. Only 10 years ago, an '80's era air cooled 911 was worth $20K or less. You could easily total one out. But now, they're worth $40K plus. If you scrap this car because it has $5K in damage and 10 years from now it's worth $30K, how are you going to feel?

This 325is looks rebuildable to me. If you look elsewhere in General Discussion, you will see my crash damaged E30 that was much worse than this one. I chose to rebuild and have no regrets.

An adjuster will look at the car and give an initial estimate of damage. Expect the damage to be more as work progresses. But wait until you see the damage estimate before making a decision. Your car will grow in value over the next few years, if you keep it in nice shape. Don't rush to junk a nice E30.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve L View Post
            They don't make these cars anymore. Only 10 years ago, an '80's era air cooled 911 was worth $20K or less. You could easily total one out. But now, they're worth $40K plus. If you scrap this car because it has $5K in damage and 10 years from now it's worth $30K, how are you going to feel?

This 325is looks rebuildable to me. If you look elsewhere in General Discussion, you will see my crash damaged E30 that was much worse than this one. I chose to rebuild and have no regrets.

An adjuster will look at the car and give an initial estimate of damage. Expect the damage to be more as work progresses. But wait until you see the damage estimate before making a decision. Your car will grow in value over the next few years, if you keep it in nice shape. Don't rush to junk a nice E30.
            For what ive been quoted to repair it (5K) i'd rather put that towards a clean cabrio and use my current car for parts. I'm not throwing away good parts and the stripped shell will be eventually be offered for sale. The shell will only get junked if no one local wants it.

Comment

Originally posted by ALYKZANDYR View Post
              When I get my new car I'll be sure to include some pics showing me.
              What’s the go fund me link

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
                What’s the go fund me link
                I don't feel comfortable asking for money. For me to feel right owning it, it has to be paid for 100% from my own hard work like my last one was.

Comment

Yea it was mostly a joke so people can sew waist pics lolol

My m3 was backed into, my e30 has been hit 3-4 times
                  I really get tired of people sometimes. Companies don’t accurstly value our cars
                  And another good condition car these days is 10,000$

Comment

I really get tired of people sometimes. Companies don’t accurstly value our cars
                    Yeah thats the same conclusion I came to. Maybe i was a bit naive thinking i could drive a clean IS on regular insurance and be ok. But since early diving board automatic cabrios are much less desirable than IS cars I'm hoping I can find one for a decent price. When I do a build thread with pics of me with the car will happen. :)

Comment

Not to derail this thread, but what kind of insurance do you have on your e30, Matt? Did they pay up all 4 times?

Curious because I've dumped so much money into my e30 and I upgraded to comprehensive and collision insurance with Progressive. Don't know how helpful they'd be if something really did happen though.
                      '90 325i - 5 speed coupe
                      '05 330ci 6MT ZHP

Comment

Originally posted by Codym42 View Post
                        Not to derail this thread, but what kind of insurance do you have on your e30, Matt? Did they pay up all 4 times?

Curious because I've dumped so much money into my e30 and I upgraded to comprehensive and collision insurance with Progressive. Don't know how helpful they'd be if something really did happen though.

USAA, got hit while at a red, both front fenders, and another time in back, got $ all 4 times

Comment

Anyone who owns and e30 should have collectors car insurance with an agreed value. Your taking a huge risk by not having it

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                          1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                          Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                          Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                          Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

USAA, got hit while at a red, both front fenders, and another time in back, got $ all 4 times
                            Nice. Anything special about your policy with them?

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                            Anyone who owns and e30 should have collectors car insurance with an agreed value. Your taking a huge risk by not having it
                            I know. The only problem is that with collector car insurance, most of them you have to be 25 and only drive the car on occasion. I'm 23 and I drive the car a lot.
                            '90 325i - 5 speed coupe
                            '05 330ci 6MT ZHP

Comment

Nice. Anything special about your policy with them?

I know. The only problem is that with collector car insurance, most of them you have to be 25 and only drive the car on occasion. I'm 23 and I drive the car a lot.

Im in same situation with age but thats why i just have the policy in my dads name and then I have privileges to drive it so its my car i pay insurance but its in his name to get around that. I use shelter insurance and there is no mileage cap.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                              1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                              Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                              Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                              Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                                Im in same situation with age but thats why i just have the policy in my dads name and then I have privileges to drive it so its my car i pay insurance but its in his name to get around that. I use shelter insurance and there is no mileage cap.
                                I've never heard of Shelter Insurance before. I'll have to look into them. My only concern is, are you covered even if you wreck the car and your dad isn't driving it?

My dad has collector car insurance on his Lotus and I'm not even supposed to drive it, according to the insurance. Lol

Edit: You said you had privileges to drive, so I guess you are covered. Hmm, I might have to do that.
                                '90 325i - 5 speed coupe
                                '05 330ci 6MT ZHP

Comment

Working...
                                X