Position 3 Users, Please Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JasonC View Post
    So this is why a electric fan will not work?!?!?!
    Beat me to it. He just keeps digging in deeper.

1987 E30 cabrio | Bumper swap | H&R Sport | Koni Yellow | Eibach Sways | BavAuto strut bar | Cardinal seats
    MTech2 wheel | Husco Armrest | Smoked Hella Smileys | 5k HID | Stromung | RS003
    | Shadowline | Amber Fogs | Too much else to list

Comment

SoCal's not even that hot.

Comment

It actually get's very hot here in the summer not for long but it does. And we get no breez so the humidity is stupid and coupled with all the car fumes it's horrible, Never had an issue with heat as the e32 ac fan produces more air than any viscous fan especially in traffic at idel. Btw I used to live in malaga spain where it is proberly hotter for longer and has torist traffic, No issuses there with my mates turbo m30 or my old 2.7 with electric fan conversion !!!.
        325i touring, 327i 2 tone tech 2, 335i tech 1 touring with nossigpic

Comment

Where is Doghnut? He has an M30 out here. In fact it gets fucking hot and fucking humid (sometimes both at the same time) I've never heard of anyone with a highly strung car having issues with a leccy fan when it's sized right and you have a good shroud/undertray
          Pork Hunt Motorsport

eBay is like the summit racing catalog for today's special Olympics crowd

Comment

Originally posted by Iain View Post
            Where is Doghnut? He has an M30 out here. In fact it gets fucking hot and fucking humid (sometimes both at the same time) I've never heard of anyone with a highly strung car having issues with a leccy fan when it's sized right and you have a good shroud/undertray
            I'm running a/c and original e30 electric fan with no issues. summer wasn't too bad this year though ;)
            ///Monstrosity. (OO≡≡[][]≡≡OO)

Aside from showing yourself to be offensive, lacking experience and ignorant in the ways of business, you're also illiterate and imprudent. Beyond that, your sense of liability is severely impaired.

Comment

So now we've got 3 different continents telling Japansy to pull his head in. Brilliant :D

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
              RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

here is pics of my conversion. i am sure that i will over heat my engine and warp the head now since i *2* electric fans . (one pusher, a pusher from a Z-3 roadster and a 2500CFM flex-a-lite puller.) the puller is wired with an E36 temp switch the low speed and when it hits high speed BOTH fans come on. it has to get up to just over 1/2 on the temp gauge before the puller will come on and with in 30-45 seconds the temp drops to UNDER 1/4. no shroud, STOCK radiator. i am putting a musimoto in in a couple of weeks though for the extra heat from boosting the new motor.

it gets HOT here and stays hot and shitty for most of the summer. NO issues at all.

i have cleaned up and loomed the wiring since these pics were taken.

when you FINALLY give in and go electric. i can forward you a simple wiring diagram to wire both fans up.
                seien Sie größer, als Sie erscheinen

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

AC questions

Originally posted by Doughnut View Post
                  I'm running a/c and original e30 electric fan with no issues. summer wasn't too bad this year though ;)
                  May I ask what compressor you are using and did you have to have custom lines made?

Originally posted by der affe View Post
                  here is pics of my conversion. i am sure that i will over heat my engine and warp the head now since i *2* electric fans . (one pusher, a pusher from a Z-3 roadster and a 2500CFM flex-a-lite puller.) the puller is wired with an E36 temp switch the low speed and when it hits high speed BOTH fans come on. it has to get up to just over 1/2 on the temp gauge before the puller will come on and with in 30-45 seconds the temp drops to UNDER 1/4. no shroud, STOCK radiator. i am putting a musimoto in in a couple of weeks though for the extra heat from boosting the new motor.

it gets HOT here and stays hot and shitty for most of the summer. NO issues at all.

i have cleaned up and loomed the wiring since these pics were taken.

when you FINALLY give in and go electric. i can forward you a simple wiring diagram to wire both fans up.
                  Would you mind PM me the diagram? I am going to go electric from the start.
                  Thanks for your help.

kris
                  Last edited by lashtx; 03-14-2010, 10:27 PM. Reason: Add question

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Thats no M30 though, so space is limited at the front^^^^^^^^^
                    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

If you have bought items from me, please leave feedback below.
                    If you are a BUYER, Check My Feedback.:up:
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=183860

Check out my Euro Build Thread
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=215557

Comment

M20's are so cute! :)
                      Originally posted by Matt-B
                      hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

$500, Diamantschwarz, and a Dream

Comment

Id love to use japandrews mom in position three

hiooooooooo

Comment

Originally posted by gazellebeigem3 View Post
                            Id love to use japandrews mom in position three

hiooooooooo
                            loooooooooooooooooooooooooool
                            Originally posted by LJ851
                            I programmed my oven to turn off when my pizza was done, should i start a build thread?

Feedback

Comment

Position 3

I use this position a lot. No fan required.
                              Originally posted by Matt-B
                              hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by lashtx View Post
                                May I ask what compressor you are using and did you have to have custom lines made?

Would you mind PM me the diagram? I am going to go electric from the start.
                                Thanks for your help.

kris
                                no prob. i will when i get back home.

as for the a/c lines, are you running a rotary comp or the stock comp?
                                you are supposed to get new lines made up with the rotary. i don't know why though. my stock lines bolted up th the rotary comp. i did get lucky 2 weeks ago and found a car that had the conversion so i snagged the remade lines for my car.
                                seien Sie größer, als Sie erscheinen

Comment

Working...
                                X