This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by markseven View Post
    An auction on BaT is not the place for silly mistakes. The dude can be disorganized and/or lazy elsewhere... but not in front of the BaT peanut gallery (present company not included, of course).

IMO that mistake will cause a dark cloud to hang over that car for a looong time.
    Seconded.
    My previous build (currently E30-less)
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

It still sold
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I saw on that E34 touring auction that someone was calling for there to be a separate forum for bidders and sellers (or something of that note.) F*ck that. That's the problem now, it's all about the elitist who think their opinion is worth more than others.

"Huff, huff - I bid on it, so my opinion is all that matters!"

Honestly, I hope BAT gets taken down at some point. It's lost a lot of what made it fun and cool to begin with. Now it's just another auction site.
        1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
        2016 Ford Flex
        2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
          I saw on that E34 touring auction that someone was calling for there to be a separate forum for bidders and sellers (or something of that note.) F*ck that. That's the problem now, it's all about the elitist who think their opinion is worth more than others.

"Huff, huff - I bid on it, so my opinion is all that matters!"

Honestly, I hope BAT gets taken down at some point. It's lost a lot of what made it fun and cool to begin with. Now it's just another auction site.
          Not sure why so many people pay so much attention to the comment sections to be honest. But I guess if you're trying to buy a car on there then you want to have as much info as possible.

I just enjoy going on to see whats there, read some info in the description and look at some pics.
          Steve • Toronto
          1991 318is • Brillantrot
          Build Thread

Comment

Usually there is a lot of good information/stories and general knowledge in the replies. You'll always have the banter back and forth between users - but for those that get all uptight about it, welcome to the internet?

It was fun back before the auction when you have some crazy Soviet era car or pre-war hand built vehicle come up, and people with all these historical facts or annotations would chime in.

Now, it's nothing more than a Used car showroom.

An expensive car showroom at times, but none the less, only about buying and selling. Not about auto appreciation and sharing the love of classic/project/odd cars.
            2016 Ford Flex

Comment

Users can flag any comment as non constructive if they want. The thing is what fun would it be if there were only constructive criticism? There needs to be insight from both sides of the spectrum. With the E36 M3 lightweight for example...to some it's a special model, the rarest of the US M3's and to others it's just a stripped down US spec M3 with Al doors, some euro parts and decals. Both sides wouldn't be wrong either.
              "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
              88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
              89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
              91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Thats a fair point. I guess I haven't been on it that long so I have noting to compare it to from when it first started.

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                Usually there is a lot of good information/stories and general knowledge in the replies. You'll always have the banter back and forth between users - but for those that get all uptight about it, welcome to the internet?

It was fun back before the auction when you have some crazy Soviet era car or pre-war hand built vehicle come up, and people with all these historical facts or annotations would chime in.

Now, it's nothing more than a Used car showroom.

An expensive car showroom at times, but none the less, only about buying and selling. Not about auto appreciation and sharing the love of classic/project/odd cars.
                Steve • Toronto
                1991 318is • Brillantrot
                Build Thread

Comment

I cant believe that the Elekta m5 touring went for 120k
                  Originally posted by blunttech
                  Levent guzzles vanilla hazelnut creamer like its my semen
                  :shock:

Comment

Originally posted by Shangsta View Post
                    I cant believe that the Elekta m5 touring went for 120k
                    I think the BMW world is getting out of hand. I can appreciate a rare car but that's crazy. Even the E30 M3 world is ridiculous now a days. and believe me I a own a E30 touring so I like it but I still wouldn't pay anywhere near that.

Comment

Many of the prices on BAT are getting out of hand. Modded 510 for $27k? Every R107 is now going for over $15k. When it comes time to expand my collection again, every seller with a car I want will probably think they can get BAT prices.
                      1992 325i Cabrio
                      1988 320i Touring
                      2000 M5
                      1977 530i
                      2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
                      BMWCCA
                      E30CCA

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
                        Users can flag any comment as non constructive if they want. The thing is what fun would it be if there were only constructive criticism? There needs to be insight from both sides of the spectrum. With the E36 M3 lightweight for example...to some it's a special model, the rarest of the US M3's and to others it's just a stripped down US spec M3 with Al doors, some euro parts and decals. Both sides wouldn't be wrong either.
                        Don't get me wrong, I have learned a lot from the comments section of the auctions, but some of those guys are too much. Here's an example from the aforementioned Peanut Gallery; the guy is questioning the coco mats!

"Fully agree w/ Alan about coco mats – perhaps they have some value for being ‘period correct’ but otherwise the mess that goes along has always made them seem pointless to me."
                        I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

I hear you. I hate when people comment about trivial things like wheels, floormats, shiftknobs, etc. It's a used car! Are the floormats really going to keep you from buying? Buy the car and install the parts you want, these things are easily changed. Some posts are just personal preferences and nitpicking. Gotta take the bad with the good.
                          "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                          88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                          89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                          91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

True

I like the comments and you can always weed out the silliness.

That grey Mtech2 320i with the S14....that is a clear example when the comments were well appreciated. Undisclosed damage to the quarter panel is something everyone should know about before paying a pretty penny. At some point, you fork out a bit more because of the bodywork etc.

Comment

You talking about the 320is from Jersey?

My buddy owns that now.
                              2016 Ford Flex

Comment

Silver M3 up now. Knew they couldn't go a week without an E30...
                                2016 Ford Flex

Comment

Working...
                                X