'99 Z3 M52TUB28 Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'99 Z3 M52TUB28 Question

Hey guys, so I have a question and a problem. I bought an engine from a '99 Z3. It is a M52TUB28 but it looks like it is closer to an M54B28. What I mean by that is I have this windage tray and oil pump combo..

So my question is do I need to proceed as if I have the M54, fuel pressure regulator and a few other bits that I have seen? I am planing on modding my oil pickup to keep the full cast windage tray. I will also create a build thread so I can get input from you guys and help as you all seem fit. lol. So thanks!
    Cheers!

~Frank

sigpic

Isnt the M52b28tu essentially an M54 with a cable throttle body and return fuel rail? The aluminum M52s that are not the update might be what you are thinking?
    -Nick

M42 on VEMS

Comment

Yeah that’s what I have found in my searches. But I’ve yet to see an m54 or an m52 with my windage tray. I’m assuming that the Z3’s were magically different. I’ve found some things out by going to the bmw stealership but there is more to figure out. A few things were broke/cut and missing when I got the engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Cheers!

~Frank

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Corsair89 View Post
        Yeah that’s what I have found in my searches. But I’ve yet to see an m54 or an m52 with my windage tray. I’m assuming that the Z3’s were magically different. I’ve found some things out by going to the bmw stealership but there is more to figure out. A few things were broke/cut and missing when I got the engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you have a double vanos engine; cable throttle body or not it is mechanically an M54

Here is one converted to single vanos and installed into an e30:

OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

Yeah I have a new issue now. the front sump pan won't fit due to the windage tray hitting the raised bump on the right rear side. I'm debating shaving a bit off of the oil pan bump, not too much as I don't want to create a weak spot, and shaving a portion of the windage tray to fit it. Here is a link to a pic of what I am talking about. https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...=410384&page=3
          Cheers!

~Frank

sigpic

Comment

Did you ever solve this?
            Originally posted by nervousmini
            Break My Wallet
            Bring My Wallet
            Bring Money With

and the M cars are a multiplier

regular repair Money * 3 = M3
            regular repair Money * 5 = M5