This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pantless Spency View Post
    Yup 3.25 lsd. I like it, and if grabs up very nicely.

It's all good man haha I wish I was more available during sema

Nice I have a 3.25lsd as well! High 5 for rare diffs haha

Patrick - IG:niicknac
    RIP 1987 BMW 325is - S50'd ZF 6-speed, flared, bagged

Comment

Awwww yisssss they aren't very common

Comment

Anyone free on Friday?

I'm bringing my car to Jesse Stacks (the $800 paint guy) in Concord for a thorough re-paint and I need help taking the car apart, getting it as stripped as possible. Windshield out, M-Tech 2 kit removed, bumpers off, sills, weather seals, etc. I will gladly buy lunch for anyone who comes out to help.

FYI this NOT an invitation to come hang out at Jesse's shop, it's his place of business. I'm just asking for a bit of help striping down the car if anyone is available. I will be starting early in the morning and working as late as I need to.

Thanks
        James
        Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
        A Topless Memorandum

Comment

Originally posted by jayuuey View Post
          cool, lots of eta love here. don't get me wrong, the car is running well. I'm just used to my old gutted out 325i and semi loud remus. why does my eta sound like a prius? lol. thinking of getting a vibrant exhaust setup.

i believe i have the ngk equivalent of Bosch W8LCR. the sssquid tune sounds tempting but I'm holding our for a 327i tune once i find an 885 head. the mottorsports ebay chip made a night and day difference though for $30. funny though, when i swapped the chip, the existing one had a 'made in phillipines' sticker on it...
          The muffler rusted and fell off my GF's 325e...and without a muffler it sounded pretty awesome, lol.

On another note, I didn't know you can swap the b25 "i" exhaust onto the b27 "e" head...do the exhaust manifolds directly swap over? It is just the I.D. of the piping that's different, right?
          sigpic
          - '89 325is track beast
          - '91 318is daily corner carver

Comment

yup the manifolds are the same, from there back its different where the E merges into a single system and the I stays as a dual all the way back
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Last night in Downtown Chicago. The last 2 days were fackin' sick.
              It's cold as hell but it's a cool little break from the monotonous sunshine in SoCal (what?)

Waking up at 4:45 AM to check out the hotel and take the subway to the airport.

Morning flight into Charlotte, Charlotte all day tmw, evening flight back out to Chicago.

Then Evanston for the weekend. Back to San Deezy on Sunday.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
              1983 Peugeot 505 STI
              1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
              2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

anyone have a front engine hook that I can buy/borrow? In the middle of pulling my front subframe and didn't realize I'm missing the front engine hook that sits in between the radiator and valve cover behind the timing set.

Comment

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
                  Last night in Downtown Chicago. The last 2 days were fackin' sick.
                  It's cold as hell but it's a cool little break from the monotonous sunshine in SoCal (what?)

Waking up at 4:45 AM to check out the hotel and take the subway to the airport.

Morning flight into Charlotte, Charlotte all day tmw, evening flight back out to Chicago.

Then Evanston for the weekend. Back to San Deezy on Sunday.
                  You will so excited to come back to SD after all that!
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:
                  -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by mr2peak View Post
                    I'm bringing my car to Jesse Stacks (the $800 paint guy) in Concord for a thorough re-paint
                    such mistake
                    Much wow
                    I hate 4 doors

Comment

Maybe I should just drill holes in my muffler to get some sound.. anything to drown the getrag whine. My vibrant setup should come in next week. Im going with 2.5 piping. Any good muffler shops in to suggest welding this shat together?

Originally posted by Zeshin View Post
                      The muffler rusted and fell off my GF's 325e...and without a muffler it sounded pretty awesome, lol.

On another note, I didn't know you can swap the b25 "i" exhaust onto the b27 "e" head...do the exhaust manifolds directly swap over? It is just the I.D. of the piping that's different, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
                        such mistake
                        But, it'll be thorough eric...
                        sigpic

Comment

such mistake
                          I dont' know who the guy is, but $800 won't even buy you the paint to paint the car (Ok, it might buy you really cheap paint that won't hold up and only a single stage paint.) I'm going to have to agree, this sounds like a mistake from the get go.

Good luck with that.

Will
                          '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
                          '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
                          '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
                          '88 BMW M3

Comment

such mistake
                            It's not an $800 respray. It' should be just under 3x that just for paint. I'm doing a lot of the work myself. It will be a quality job when it's finished. I have no desire to ruin a genuine appearance package M-Tech car. New windshield will be going in, and I 've already ordered a bunch of new rubber seals for the windshield and windows as well as lots of other miscellaneous parts.

Jesse Stacks has been very helpful in helping me afford a quality job. I spent today stripping the car down at his shop, and I'll be back tomorrow or Monday to finish the tear down process, saving me around $1k. I will be doing reassembly as well saving myself even more than that again.

He does a lot of quality work apart from offering budget resprays.

Thanks for the concern though.

Also, 1K posts. Took 6 years but here we are.
                            Last edited by mr2peak; 11-14-2014, 08:53 PM.
                            Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
                            A Topless Memorandum

Comment

How's NorCal? Got into a sand storm in the e30 last night 0.0

Comment

So this happened.....much wheee30 was also involved.

2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                                95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                                98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Working...
                                X