Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getrag 240 to Getrag 260 questions

Hey guys

I have an m30 swap in position 3 (probably more like 2 1/2) with getrag 240 in it. Running for over 2 years, >10,000 miles. The 240 is dying.

It has an m3 flywheel/clutch/pp combo, shortened driveshaft, shortened shifter plate, and shortened shifter linkage.

In order to switch over to the 260...
    1. Think I'm going to have to bash out the firewall more? I may be able to answer this with the transmissions side by side
    2. 325 eta driveshaft - will this just be a direct swap with no shortening? I will do the CSB during the install
    3. shifter plate - I'm going to modify and mount it in the inside cabin
    4. shifter linkage - stock?
    5. clutch/fw/pp - do the m5 or just stick with this? I notice the clutch slips in 3rd at high speed (freeway dump)
    Last edited by glnr13; 01-22-2018, 02:02 PM.
    sigpic

The G260 will swap over pretty easily.

You may need to bash the firewall a bit more as the section where the top bolts on the G260 are is deeper than the G240, although if you've bashed it already then it could be fine - I barely bashed mine due to my RHD brake linkage inside the cab with the engine in P3 and the G240.

Clutch is your call - if the M30 is stock, it's surprising that the M3 PP & clutch aren't holding, but there's no real reason not to run the 535i clutch and pressure plate, or the M5 clutch once you have the G260 in there.

An Eta driveshaft and shifter linkage should work fine if the interwebs are to be believed (we never had the large guibo Eta driveshaft in Australia, so I can't really comment definitively on that one).
    My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

thanks for the reply luke.

I did bash the firewall at the initial install and there was more than enough room up top for the 240 so hopefully there's some to spare for the 260.
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X