WTB Weds Bavaria Center Caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB Weds Bavaria Center Caps

As the title states. Im trying to buy some center caps for my set of Weds Bavaria Fins that i am refinishing. Anything will help or if you know where to maybe get some. Both pics woule be what im looking for. I know i might be a long shot. Thanks in advance.Click image for larger version

Name:	$(KGrHqUOKiME31cufW6YBO!N!RvkZw___35.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	7251980Click image for larger version

Name:	20120824_174648.jpg
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	7251981

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I don't have a spare set of caps, but I figure I'll chime in with a comment that might be helpful. I have a set of 16" 5x120 weds bavarias, and the center caps are completely different between the front (7") and rear (8"), even though the faces look the same. One pair is plastic and clips in, the other is metal and presses in. They have different diameters as well so they can't be interchanged between faces. Just be sure to measure your faces to make sure any caps you find are compatible!

1999 Alpinweiß M3
    1991 Alpinweiß 318is
    1991 Alpinweiß 318i

Comment

Originally posted by 91tii View Post
      I don't have a spare set of caps, but I figure I'll chime in with a comment that might be helpful. I have a set of 16" 5x120 weds bavarias, and the center caps are completely different between the front (7") and rear (8"), even though the faces look the same. One pair is plastic and clips in, the other is metal and presses in. They have different diameters as well so they can't be interchanged between faces. Just be sure to measure your faces to make sure any caps you find are compatible!
      Thanks for the heads up. My centers also look like this. Idk if they are weds? Ive just have always been told they were.Click image for larger version

Name:	20180220_230134.jpg
Size:	117.9 KB
ID:	7194184

Comment

those look similar to my weds, but the center area is different. Mine have a raised cylindrical flange. I was able to insert regular plastic E36M center caps in them, but they don't really stay.
        cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
          those look similar to my weds, but the center area is different. Mine have a raised cylindrical flange. I was able to insert regular plastic E36M center caps in them, but they don't really stay.
          Thats interesting. I may try that. The 3 holes on the center ring are threaded. So it makes me wonder. And the small ledge stepping down to the center.

Comment

Look for some one that does 3D printing and have some made.
            https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
              Look for some one that does 3D printing and have some made.
              will need to be high-temp material. PLA melts at like 120 degrees and these are awfully near the brakes.
              cars beep boop

Comment

Is there groove of any type on the bore, where the prongs would snap into?
                Looks like these had a plate with screws.

SSR EC-C fins maybe? They do not look like Hayashi Techno R. Not Enkei 94 either

Comment

Originally posted by zoo View Post
                  Is there groove of any type on the bore, where the prongs would snap into?
                  Looks like these had a plate with screws.

SSR EC-C fins maybe? They do not look like Hayashi Techno R. Not Enkei 94 either
                  No groove at all. Perhaps they are SSR EC-C fins

Comment

Working...
                  X