Trump Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by decay View Post
    well when i do more than just bitch about it, people ‘round these parts like to insinuate that i’m a terrorist. found my approach angle, you find yours
    So the next question, do you honestly, truly in your heart think protesting an ICE office in San Francisco or Portland is going to change national public policy? It's going to direct billions of dollars to help more people come to the US?

We both know that answer.

Yelling at someone and telling them they are stupid has changed how many opinions?
    Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
    Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
    One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

...do i have to define the word “insinuate” for you?

you found nothing because r3v is an ancient forum with simple plaintext search, and your query was probably just the word “terrorist”
      It's very specific word choice you've made, once again I suspect to dramatize your position. I say delinquent or violent protester, you say terrorist. I say detained for illegal entry or overstaying a visa, you say women and children left to the showers, men to the right to work till death.

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
        So the next question, do you honestly, truly in your heart think protesting an ICE office in San Francisco or Portland is going to change national public policy? It's going to direct billions of dollars to help more people come to the US?

We both know that answer.

Yelling at someone and telling them they are stupid has changed how many opinions?
        changing opinions is what we all try to do, poorly, here on r3v

interfering with operations is what activists are doing in the street. do you really think i'm out there just shouting at people like real life is a web forum?

even if we don't close an ICE office, if we spent our day making theirs a lot more unproductive and expensive, it's a win
        past:
        1989 325is (learner shitbox)
        1986 325e (turbo dorito)
        1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
        1985 323i baur
        current:
        1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

changing opinions is what we all try to do, poorly, here on r3v

interfering with operations is what activists are doing in the street. do you really think i'm out there just shouting at people like real life is a web forum?

even if we don't close an ICE office, if we spent our day making theirs a lot more unproductive and expensive, it's a win
          Okay, so if the goal is to improve conditions and the group is unable to close the offending installation, how does it make it better for the people you want to help when the staff now has less time to actually assist the people in question?

I get what you are trying to do, and think your goal is noble, but maybe you should consider alternative solutions. Maybe, just maybe, ICE is willing to work with citizen volunteers and improve conditions within or provide guidance to those incarcerated. Remember, as far as the government is concerned these people are criminals, so keep that in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
            Okay, so if the goal is to improve conditions and the group is unable to close the offending installation, how does it make it better for the people you want to help when the staff now has less time to actually assist the people in question?
            wait. i thought you were involved in the conversation about the prison-industrial complex for a minute there

if not, let's catch up

the detention facilities are run by private corrections corporations

the ICE headquarters facilities being protested are not where the people are being kept, they are where the administrative and tactical groups work from

why would interfering with the latter affect the former, other than improving the situation by ensuring less people wound up in their net?
            past:
            1986 325e (turbo dorito)
            1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
            1985 323i baur
            current:

Comment

Originally posted by President Trump July 23rd 2019
              If we wanted to fight a war in Afghanistan and win it, I could win that war in a week. I just don't want to kill 10 million people. I have plans on Afghanistan that if I wanted to win that war, Afghanistan would be wiped off the face of the Earth.
              1990 BMW 325iC Triple Black Hard Top, Self-Wrenched, Original Owner Family

Comment

don't fall for the distraction gaffe
                cars beep boop

Comment

Ugh, today everything is a distraction. Words like these should shock. Sure says to me that Congress -- and the American People-- need to reclaim their powers over war.

Just unbelievably disgusts me that we have been at war in Afghanistan for 18 years ... and no one says anything. Trump threatens obliterating millions of people like it's no big deal. It's not 'ok' or normal.
                  Last edited by phillipj; 07-23-2019, 08:36 PM.
                  1990 BMW 325iC Triple Black Hard Top, Self-Wrenched, Original Owner Family

Comment

Originally posted by phillipj View Post
                    Ugh, today everything is a distraction. Words like these should shock. Sure says to me that Congress -- and the American People-- need to reclaim their powers over war.

Just unbelievably disgusts me that we have been at war in Afghanistan for 18 years ... and no one says anything. Trump threatens obliterating millions of people like it's no big deal. It's not 'ok' or normal.
                    Of course it's not, when has any foreign invader taken over Afhganis?

Unfortunately, the "terrorism" threat paradoxically keeps the people.who think they are going to heaven, afraid to go there.
                    Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                    Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                    One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

yeah, the afghan government definitely has "thoughts" on suggesting that turning their country into a glass parking lot is a possible solution
                      past:
                      1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                      1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                      1985 323i baur
                      current:

Comment

Unfortunately, that statement is rather narrow-minded (by Trump). You might be able to obliterate Afghanistan, but you'll create many enemies in the process, so "winning" is a truly relative term here, which is why no one since Alexander the Great or Genghis Khan has been able to go into that territory and "win" anything.

The reality is that the people there know one specific detail that keeps their hope alive--Eventually, whoever is invading them will get tired of it and go home, all they need to do is outlast the will of the other side and they've won. Additionally, Pakistan right next door is usually game to assist in that effort as long as it isn't overt.

It really is a catch-22, in order to win in these insurgent-type wars you need to completely irradiate all enemy combatants, in which the process of doing so creates more enemy combatants as the relatives and friends of those killed take up arms.

Comment

Afganistan is where empires go to die. Everyone but Trump knows that.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Any thoughts on the mueller hearings today?
                            cars beep boop

Comment

Nothing but a shit show display of complete dishonesty from both sides of the isle. Pompous grandstanding at its best. Gotta say though the Dems overplayed their hand with it, based on the hype they tried to generate for it.

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post
                                It's very specific word choice you've made, once again I suspect to dramatize your position. I say delinquent or violent protester, you say terrorist. I say detained for illegal entry or overstaying a visa, you say women and children left to the showers, men to the right to work till death.
                                once again i suspect you overestimate your significance just because you have an opinion

terrorism is what they charge activists with, so whether or not you personally used that specific word is irrelevant, and you're being a little egotistical for assuming i was talking about you in the first place
                                past:
                                1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                                1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                                1985 323i baur
                                current:

Comment

Working...
                                X