No announcement yet.

e30 rb25 swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very small update, seeing as now its just a waiting game for parts to arrive.

Got these in the mail yesterday!

"Started" shaving the bay, Im basically cutting sheet metal to weld over the existing uglyness. Im sanding everything down and using zinc primer so it doesnt rot from the inside out.

Also realized why i hate old things again,

And just because i miss this bastard...

sigpic

IG: brandonhillis

I do stupid things.

Comment

Your car is also very low, you are bound to bottom out and catch on speed bumps. I would remove the brace and cut out this bit pictured below then box weld the bottom solid. If the other side hangs down I would do the same.

Build looks great though! Godspeed on the first firing of this new power plant.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by F34R; 01-22-2013, 05:56 PM.
      ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
      ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
      ~ '87 535
      ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
      ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Is she gonna be ready for Eurokracy?

MY BUILD THREAD
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=235231

INSTAGRAM : @luchcolaneri

Comment

The tranny brace isn't as low as it looks, but i am doing what you mentioned in that pic. Just gonna cut that section out and weld some plate in.

My goal is to have this at eurokracy, but im not sure if ill have wheels by then. May be rockin steelies on air lol Im also hoping to buy an accuair controller by then because manual management blows big time.
          sigpic

I do stupid things.

Comment

im looking forward to seeing the end result!

Patrick - IG:niicknac
            RIP 1987 BMW 325is - S50'd ZF 6-speed, flared, bagged

Comment

I've been chugging along with the build as best i can. Ended up staying at the shop all day try and finish up the shaved bay.

Keep in mind everyone, this is my first couple times welding. And today was my first time with the mig welder (which i love now).

Got the passenger side all tacked up, shaved the welds down after and im basically ready for filler.

Got a sheet welded on the drivers side but didn't get to finish the rest. Its taking forever stripping the sealer and grease off this thing.

After the welds are tacked a little more ill be using a panel adhesive to smooth the joints.

After that is all sanded down ill probably use a short strand fiber and end with a finishing glaze.

Also if you didn't notice i removed my rad support (drilled out the spot welds). I will be making brackets that will bolt on to the chasis and fender wall to hold everything in place.

Im still having alot of trouble figuring out what rad to use for sufficient cooling, and also how im going to mount it. So far the best option is to shave a bit off the inside square of the rad support and remove the bulge from the hood release. I should then be able to fit the rad inside of it. The stock bmw rad does fit (within mm's to the crank pulley) but i dont feel it will cool the rb, especially with a front mount.

Thanks for watching, i should have the bay ready for filler in the next day or 2.
              sigpic

I do stupid things.

Comment

would the neo rb25det's work as well for an e30 or is that another wiring issue on itself? (Not a clue about nissan motors.)

Great project btw!
                Last edited by Dozyproductions; 02-07-2013, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dozyproductions View Post
                  would the neo rb25det's work as well for an e30 or is that another wiring issue on itself? (Not a clue about nissan motors.)

Great project btw!
                  You could wire in a neo forsure, you dont see very many around though, and thanks man!

Biggest update today... IT RUNS!!

Got the motor in on its own mounts yesterday and decided to wire it up.

Everything fits pretty proper, in this pic i have the radiator where it should be, as well as a 16 inch pusher fan and a greddy intercooler.

I test fitted the lights the other day and the tubing should have enough room to squeeze under the highbeam.

Quick pic when i first got it in, if you dont have a removable rad support... do it.

And heres the reason ive been slow with the updates, lets just say body work is hard one handed.

My hand slipped into the flywheel when the gas bottle fell into it. 6 stitches and a broken finger later... im pissed lol. And yes thats a race mower with a 12 horse motor on it. Red snapper ftw!!

Heres the video of it firing up,

If that doesn't work lemme know and ill get s direct link.

If it sounds like it pings its because only the flywheel is on in this video, also there is no o2, no maf, no intake, stale fuel, and one of the injectors is broken. Not bad :)

Thanks for watching so far guys, stay tuned!
                  sigpic

I do stupid things.

Comment

Nice project, but im only worried about your welding :S out of gas?
                    Also found on Facebook - Juuso Tero, Tampere
                    https://www.facebook.com/JuusosGarage

Comment

The welding on what? The lawn mower wasn't me.
                      sigpic

I do stupid things.

Comment

Originally posted by brandon5 View Post
                        The welding on what? The lawn mower wasn't me.

Does it last with that kind of weleding? sorry to say but looks crappy

This is how it should look^

Comment

That is just tacked in place if you actually look at it. It was also done using flux core, i bought gas after and mig welded all the mounts. I appreciate the criticism though!
                          sigpic

I do stupid things.

Comment

Originally posted by brandon5 View Post
                            That is just tacked in place if you actually look at it. It was also done using flux core, i bought gas after and mig welded all the mounts. I appreciate the criticism though!
                            good, sorry for bothering :)

Comment

I see you on instagram straight flexin'!

Good luck with the rest of the build, gonna be a highly recognized car very soon.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wrinckled View Post
                                I see you on instagram straight flexin'!

Good luck with the rest of the build, gonna be a highly recognized car very soon.
                                Thanks dude! i tend to update my instagram long before the forums, if anyones on it my names @brandonhillis also my shop facebook page Flatout Fitment.
                                sigpic

I do stupid things.

Comment

Working...
                                X