Let’s talk about Antifa.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by decay View Post
    i haven't been disproven as z31maniac claims, either. you're conveniently ignoring which side was geared up like they were ready for a riot, and which had a pear-shaped housewife on a microphone. ooh, anti-fascists are dangerous!

as for "what else"- how about this?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ounter-protest
    Since when do you get to share an anecdote, and then shift the burden of proof or in this case disproof, onto another person? Convenient argumentative technique, too bad a retard like me can't make sense of it.

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
      i haven't been disproven as z31maniac claims, either. you're conveniently ignoring which side was geared up like they were ready for a riot, and which had a pear-shaped housewife on a microphone. ooh, anti-fascists are dangerous!

as for "what else"- how about this?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ounter-protest
      Wait, so since you had nothing about the story you brought up, you bring up a different story? You've heard the term "moving the goalposts," yes?

And this time you not only forego using a local source, AGAIN, you didn't even use one based in this country!

And that COMPLETELY IGNORES your last defense of your position is "Oh you only believe the media when it fits your narrative" and then turn around and DO THE EXACT SAME THING!

Social interaction difficulties, communication challenges, repetitive behavior...........I think you should speak to your PCP. They have effective treatments these days.
      Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
      Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
      One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
        Wait, so since you had nothing about the story you brought up, you bring up a different story? You've heard the term "moving the goalposts," yes?
        ...he specifically asked for "what else". as in, "give me another example". it's moving the goalposts to say "ok, here you go"?
        past:
        1989 325is (learner shitbox)
        1986 325e (turbo dorito)
        1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
        1985 323i baur
        current:
        1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...anaugh-n912821

This is antifa, right?

Angry mob using forcible oppression and scare tactics attempting to strong-arm a democratically elected senator..

That's like the definition of fascism.

How do people in this organization not understand this?

Probably because they're paid to do this type of thing, which would constitute a criminal conspiracy. RICO?

Comment

Originally posted by coldweatherblue View Post

This is antifa, right?

Angry mob using forcible oppression and scare tactics attempting to strong-arm a democratically elected senator..

How do people in this organization not understand this?

Probably because they're paid to do this type of thing, which would constitute a criminal conspiracy. RICO?

DERP DERP DERP, of course it's ok because REASONS!

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Should thank them for their service.

Comment

If they just called themselves, "Fascists for America" or something it wouldn't be nearly as intriguing but the irony elevates it to a heretofore unseen level of idiocy.

Comment

This is antifa, right?

I'm not sure if go that far. It's deplorable yes, and the restaurant should have just called the cops to evict the protestors. But what they did was hardly brown-shirt or Gestapo tactics.

Once again... This is the political atmosphere the two parties have fostered. Would you call the Trump rally attendees fascists? Our elected officials are going to have to get used to this sort of thing. Attack ads, super Pacs, scandals, lack of decorum and process, etc are contributing to this. It's a case of reap what sow on both sides of the aisle.
                  "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
                  -----------------------------------------
                  91 318is Turbo Sold
                  87 325 Daily driver Sold
                  06 4.8is X5
                  06 Mtec X3
                  05 4.4i X5 Sold
                  92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
                  90 325i Sold
                  97 328is Sold
                  01 323ci Sold
                  92 325i Sold
                  83 528e Totaled
                  98 328i Sold
                  93 325i Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Schnitzer318is View Post
                    Would you call the Trump rally attendees fascists?
                    Are you equating attending a political rally with organizing a mob to confront a politician at a restaurant?

If a group of trump supporters organized themselves across the country and routinely caused civil/criminal disruption targeted at democratic politicians then I would expect them to be charged and prosecuted to the full extent of the law and if they used scare tactics to attempt to forcibly change political events, then, yes, I would say that meets part of the definition of fascist tactics.

BTW I agree that both parties are culpable and the extent to which logical fallacies and specious reasoning are employed by both sides is sickening.

Comment

^I'm with this guy.

I don't see how attending a political rally, regardless of whom it is for, is comparable to harassing a politician, regardless of the letter behind their name.

I'm getting really tired of this shit. I can't even watch some sports highlights now without hearing about politics in some way.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Are you equating attending a political rally with organizing a mob to confront a politician at a restaurant?

If a group of trump supporters organized themselves across the country and routinely caused civil/criminal disruption targeted at democratic politicians then I would expect them to be charged and prosecuted to the full extent of the law and if they used scare tactics to attempt to forcibly change political events, then, yes, I would say that meets part of the definition of fascist tactics.

BTW I agree that both parties are culpable and the extent to which logical fallacies and specious reasoning are employed by both sides is sickening.
                        It could certainly be construed as equitable. Especially if you were a member of the press being harassed in much the same manner as the Cruz's.

^ Now, again, I don't agree with either of these examples being acceptable forms of demonstration or protest. But I would hesitate to call either of them the act of a fascist group.

Z31... I hear you. Unfortunately, it's election season so politics is turned up to 11 on all media outlets regardless of subject bring broadcast.
                        "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
                        91 318is Turbo Sold
                        87 325 Daily driver Sold
                        06 4.8is X5
                        06 Mtec X3
                        05 4.4i X5 Sold
                        90 325i Sold
                        97 328is Sold
                        01 323ci Sold
                        92 325i Sold
                        83 528e Totaled
                        98 328i Sold
                        93 325i Sold

Comment

antifa: modern day brown shirts.
                          Originally posted by wholepailofwater
                          Q
                          :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

Good ol' reductio ad hitlerum.

Comment

hey, it's trendy to compare politics to the third reich.
                              Originally posted by wholepailofwater
                              Q
                              :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

To be fair... The first thing that comes to most minds when hearing the word fascist is Reich, Mussolini, or Stalin. Just the way it is. BTW Cale... I lol'd. Going to have to remember that one.
                                91 318is Turbo Sold
                                87 325 Daily driver Sold
                                06 4.8is X5
                                06 Mtec X3
                                05 4.4i X5 Sold
                                90 325i Sold
                                97 328is Sold
                                01 323ci Sold
                                92 325i Sold
                                83 528e Totaled