Scam or not to my WTB ad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scam or not to my WTB ad

So awhile back I placed a "WTB" ad on r3v about a few items. One of those items is a shadowline trim piece. I also listed my gmail account just to make it easier.

Last night I recieved two emails back to back one is the following:
    This is a message from Christohertyler at R3VLimited Forums ( https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/index.php ). The R3VLimited Forums owners cannot accept any responsibility for the contents of the email.

To email Christohertyler, you can use this online form:

OR, by email:
    mailto:Christophertyler818@gmail.com

This is the message:

This is Christopher Emailing about your wanted Ad. I do have for sale in excellent condition . I am in Florida and I can arrange shipping . please email me on christophertyler818@gmail.com

The second one is:
    This is a message from briankelvin at R3VLimited Forums ( https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/index.php ). The R3VLimited Forums owners cannot accept any responsibility for the contents of the email.

To email briankelvin, you can use this online form:

OR, by email:
    mailto:bkevofficial@gmail.com

This is the message:

Hello,
    I'm Brian from R3vlimited.com.

I have the wanted item you wish to purchase.
    I do have for sale in excellent condition & I can arrange shipping.

You can contact me through my mail 'bkevofficial@gmail.com' if you are serious about purchasing.

Message me as soon as possible so as to get business going.
    I look forward to your urgent reply.

Thank you and have a good day.

I may be paranoid but, I smell the stink of a scam.

I know the chances of having two persons wanting to sell the same sought after or hard to find piece is nill.

As well just reading the emails, certain words just pop out at me and sound too proper. Kinda like all the scam emails we all have recieved from some dude in Africa who has been left a fortune but can't accept it until they get a loan upfront and they will pay us back plus some...

What do you guys think? I'm thinking to email one and have them attach a pic of the trim piece with a thumbs up or a a number just to prove they are not bs-ing.

Thanks for reading this and replying.
    sigpic

Scam, someone else just posted about that Christopher id.

Ask them for pictures? Pay them through PayPal business? So you have some protection?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for replying, yeah I pretty much figured the same. Oh well...the search goes on.
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X