e38 style fives with adapters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e38 style fives with adapters

I picked up a set of clean e38 style fives for real cheap but am now trying to weigh my options. I am trying to find someone local to get some prices on a fill and drill, but I also wanted to see some more e30's rocking adapters. I have searched and found a few, but wanted to see some more/lower cars. I'm on JOM coilovers so I have a bit of adjustment, but would like to stay low...

boom:

anyone need those balloon tires?

With adapters the end offset would be close to ET0, pretty similar to XXR/Sportmax wheels. basically ruining your chances of running a decent sized tire, 205/40/16 would be your best option without rolling fenders too much.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by Wh33lhop
    VANOS: sometimes you just need to go full retard.

Comment

lmao the dog

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Your dog is a fantastic photo bomber.

Edit: Damnit ak- beat me to it.

Go here be happy!

Ratchet Garage e30 V8 build.

Comment

ahahahahaha I can't get over it

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Op, here's one: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=235380

Edit(again): Fill and drill, sorry.

Go here be happy!

Ratchet Garage e30 V8 build.

Comment

Fill n' drill would be your best bet, and more often than not will cost as much if not less than proper adapters. You will still need 5mm spacers in the front to clear the calipers I hear.

I think with the thinnest adapters they make (18mm) you will be at et5 all around. Fine in the rear, might take some massaging up front.
              -Alex

Comment

Originally posted by FunfGan View Post

Op, here's one: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=235380

Edit(again): Fill and drill, sorry.
                That thread makes me think I should stick with fill n drill. Perfect look and if he is that low, I should have no problems with 10mm spacers too.

But still, if anyone has pics of 18mm adapters up front, I'd really like to see.

Oh, and yes, my dog is a camera whore:p

Comment

I had a set I was going to run adapters on until just yesterday when someone bought them off me for $350 (I got em for $100). If that hadn't happened, I would've run a 23mm adapter for the Sportmax ET0 fitment on 205/45/16 tires I already picked up.
                  1990 E30 325i sedan - Gletscherblau (280) over Indigo cloth (0271)

Comment

I thought your dog was an Ewok at first, btw.
                    1990 E30 325i sedan - Gletscherblau (280) over Indigo cloth (0271)

Comment

hahah the dog is great.

consider a 20mm adapter will place you at a total et of +3 which imo is near perfection.

you will need a roll and slight pull in the rear to fit. Front fenders will need no mod at all. tire size would be 205/45/16

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
                      Ig:ryno_pzk
                      I like the tuna here.
                      Originally posted by lambo
                      Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

Originally posted by acolella76 View Post

I think with the thinnest adapters they make (18mm) you will be at et5 all around. Fine in the rear, might take some massaging up front.
                        Originally posted by Dj Buttchug View Post
                        hahah the dog is great.

consider a 20mm adapter will place you at a total et of +3 which imo is near perfection.

you will need a roll and slight pull in the rear to fit. Front fenders will need no mod at all. tire size would be 205/45/16
                        So, which is it? Just from looking at were my stock wheels sit I would think the fronts would need a roll first.

Comment

This thread is relevant to my interests...oh and the dog is awesome haha
                          91' 318is - OBDI M52/ZF swap w/ S50 cams

Comment

X2 which is it. 16by8 et3 upfront. Will it require a lot of rolling / pulling?

Comment

subed.
                              Originally posted by Matt-B
                              hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Working...
                              X