• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just make sure you insure it properly.
    https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
      Don't be afraid to drive the car. They like to be driven, when they sit, they are unhappy. I just put 2500 miles on mine in a week and a half (yes, 2500 miles). The trip had everything from 6 hrs of stop and go to 15 hrs of average speed 74 mph, getting 28.5 mpg. It didn't miss a beat. Did the 6 solid hours of 90+ degree heat stop and go suck? Yep, but the car didn't overheat or do anything evil. I spent 21 straight hours in the car, and wasn't hating life when I got out.

The cars are made to be driven. They want to be driven. They get unhappy and don't run well when they are parked in the garage and wiped with a silk towel, rarely seeing the light of day. I drive mine every day, and I wouldn't think twice about doing another 2500 mile trip in the car tomorrow.

Yes, its a very different car from a 325. The power band is higher, but that is fine because it likes to run 3500 rpm, that is where it gets its best mileage. Its comfortable as well. There aren't many cars that I could do 21 hours straight in, but with stiff suspension, solid shock and strut mounts, poly or delrin bushings everywhere, it wasn't a big deal. Yeah, I was tired, but I wasn't beaten up.

Moral of the story, drive your car, it will like you for it.

Will
      It truly is a drivers car at the end of the day, and I personally can't establish meaning with a car unless it's driven, which is why I really hope to enjoy it thoroughly once it's all done.

Originally posted by cheffy30 View Post
      while its not the m3...i've driven my 325 hard everyday for 15 years... its an e30 and they are engineered to be driven, we know that... . it loves me for it.
      Originally posted by jeffnhiscars View Post
      To my mind the moment you are afraid to enjoy the nice things youve surrounded yourself with (and sacrificed to get) you kind of defeat the purpose. What stops me from getting too neurotic about it is paint. I have done 1 high end paint job in my life ($4700 in 1982 dollars) and I was so paranoid to even park it somewhere that it took the fun out of it so I traded it for a boat.

I love my cabrio barn find which I DD and it has a crease on the fender that at first drove me crazy...but now it reminds me that the car is not perfect, will never be if I have anything to say about it, so I just have fun. If it does get dinged I'll just go for a ride, smile from ear to ear and forget about the damn ding...but no eating potato chips in my new interior lol
      I couldn't agree more! However, the M3 isn't going to be the main 'drivers car' for me, as I have the iS to serve that purpose. It will certainly be put to good use, though!

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
      Just make sure you insure it properly.
      Yes, this is imperative.

Interior resto coming along nicely. The cluster is off at Bavrest and we are dealing with issues involving the SI board and the temp gauge. I am sending out a spare SI board in hopes to remedy that issue. We scored some fantastic, completely mint center console/interior pieces and transferred the factory M3 fabric over. Got the M3 knob/boot and leather handle. We have 3(?) head units off being restored with added aux ports as well.

1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
      1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Visited PA this weekend.

Comment

Rear shelf got fresh carpet and rear speakers were refinished. We're currently trying to find the proper interior paint color for natur so the door pockets can get refreshed.

Comment

Rear shelf re-carpeted/restored/back in, and restored cluster back in. If you can't tell, I'm just dropping photos here as I receive them from back east. My father is a man of detail, and he is having a blast with this interior restoration. We finally found a place that will do custom color vinyl spray cans so we can get the handles/door pockets perfect.

I can't wait to get the car out to Indiana so I can start restoring the engine/suspension.

Comment

man shes looking fresh! Can't wait to see it all together
              www.instagram.com/snwmble
              #snwmble

Current:
              '05 BMW M3 - Silver Grey/Imola Red
              '90 BMW 325iX - Sterling Silver/Houndstooth sport(5-speed converted)
              '15 Mini Countryman - Blazing Red/Carbon Black

Past:
              '01 Audi Allroad - Light Silver/Platinum Saber Black
              '88 BMW 325iX - Diamond Schwarz/Silver sport *Sold*
              '01.5 1.8TQ - Brilliant Black/Nogaro Alcantara ...after 8.5yrs, *Sold* =(
              '90 BMW 325i - Schwarz/Tan sport *Sold*
              '89 BMW 325ix - Diamond Schwarz/Black sport *Sold*

Comment

Originally posted by audiquattrot View Post
                man shes looking fresh! Can't wait to see it all together
                Thanks, man! She's definitely coming along.

Comment

Congratz man! Seeing E30 M3s to me are the equivalent to everyone else in the world seeing a Ferrari or a Lambo
                  @BaggedMW

Comment

Visited PA this weekend. She’s still sitting- dusty and awaiting her new life. Stitched did the seats. She's almost ready to accept her new home in Indiana once I stop buying other cars.

Untitled by Bobbie Morrone, on Flickr

Comment

Stop buying other cars
                      sigpic

(clicky on piccy to get to thread)

Comment

Looking good! I have no room to talk when it comes to project cars waiting on time in between other car work/projects....

However we do need some pics of the seats!

MJ

Comment

Originally posted by econti View Post
                          Stop buying other cars
                          'tiz all part of the master plan :)

Originally posted by mjweimer View Post
                          Looking good! I have no room to talk when it comes to project cars waiting on time in between other car work/projects....

However we do need some pics of the seats!

MJ
                          I forgot to grab pics of the seats while I was home! The fronts still need to be reassembled from shipping.

It is interesting- as I get older, anticipated timeframes for projects I hoped would be done in weeks are taking months, and so on. I do, however, think I've landed my two 'keepers', so I am less worried about timelines these days and more worried about taking it all in and doing it how I want to do it.

Comment

Been hoping this thread got some updates, excited to see what's to come! Gonna be a really sweet ride once it's all buttoned up
                            '86 325e Zinnoberrot /// '02 325ci Schwarz II /// '18 M4 Azurite Black Metallic ///

Albie325 Build Thread | Albie325 COTM Jan 2021

Comment

Dreams do come true. Great looking car.

Comment

Originally posted by Albie325 View Post
                                Been hoping this thread got some updates, excited to see what's to come! Gonna be a really sweet ride once it's all buttoned up
                                Agreed- I am quite excited! My goal is to have it out here by the end of August. Once it's here I need to do a head gasket and a rear hub/bearing to get it running/driving. At that point it will be a "restore while you enjoy" type of project.

I'm going to need all of the finger crossing I can get. If the head isn't cracked things should progress smoothly. But I don't have any faith that it will be in good shape.

Originally posted by 325isman View Post
                                Dreams do come true. Great looking car.
                                Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X