Well That Escalated Quickly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick update.

Obtained a new oil pan, flywheel cover, and spare head thanks to firebirds cleanup.

Have the engine on the stand and am getting ready to take the head off and see what i got. My gut is saying its a lemon because when i took the oil cap off i was staring at some sharpie writing inside... So if it's junk I will be rebuilding or Firebirds head will be going on but I really wanted to save that if I ever go ITB, stroked, bored, cam route.

Also managed to snag a diyautotune ms that the previous owner couldn't get working right. My plan is to get a stim and start testing.

Comment

Smiley

Finally got my smileys in today. I went from US Ellipsoids and the only moment of confusion was when I turned on my highbeams and everything worked. I had gotten it stuck in my head I would need to jump pin 30 on the relays but unless I am mistaken that is only for sealed beam to smiley.

Does anyone know if the engine bay headlight covers will still fit?
      Attached Files

Comment

Will e36 M3 1999 front control arms, hubs, rotors, etc work for a 5 lug swap? I saw on somewhere else it had to be 96-98

Comment

Originally posted by tiger_e30 View Post
          Will e36 M3 1999 front control arms, hubs, rotors, etc work for a 5 lug swap? I saw on somewhere else it had to be 96-98
          Yes but don't bother, it's just not worth the effort TBH. Brake balance will be off, car will be slower because of the heavier rotors, alignment is going to suck bla bla bla. I recommend a massive or uuc bbk or just good pads/rotor combo
          Build Threads:
          Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

Originally posted by Julien View Post
            Yes but don't bother, it's just not worth the effort TBH. Brake balance will be off, car will be slower because of the heavier rotors, alignment is going to suck bla bla bla. I recommend a massive or uuc bbk or just good pads/rotor combo
            Even with the rim choices? I'm on the fence with it. Love style 5s but hate fill and drill.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Im not sure if it's still available but there was a custom 5lug kit a while ago. I installed it on my e30, was pretty simple. Most expensive part was the e30m3 rear hubs.
              89 325i: 86 535i motor+trans, JE forged pistons, MLS head gasket, ARP head studs, Comp turbo, GoodNTight b34 turbo manifold, e30.de motor mounts, AKG 75D engine/trans mounts, custom 3" exhaust, intercooler, MS2PNP, Megan Racing Coilovers.

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]

You'd really wanna search around for the info on it, if you can even still get it.
                something like:
                the custome caliper adapters and rotor spacers $$
                e39 rear calipers
                e39 rear pads
                e36 325i rear rotors
                e46 m3 front calipers
                e46 m3 front torots
                e46 m3 front pads
                e36 m3 front hubs
                e30 m3 rear gub flanges
                e30 rear wheel bearings(the bigger ones)

using new/rebuilt stuff I priced it out at $1400 without wheels/tires
                89 325i: 86 535i motor+trans, JE forged pistons, MLS head gasket, ARP head studs, Comp turbo, GoodNTight b34 turbo manifold, e30.de motor mounts, AKG 75D engine/trans mounts, custom 3" exhaust, intercooler, MS2PNP, Megan Racing Coilovers.

Comment

I'd recommend a hub/caliper adapter kit for sure, the e36 m3 front conversion really only leaves you with high offset choices for your fronts, and I think with the e46 m3 front adapter kit you can still run 16's which look better on e30's imho.
                  89 325i 4dr s52
                  02 BMW 525iT m54b30/manual swapped (daily) *sold*
                  21' Toyota Tacoma TRD OR 4x4 6 speed Manual

Comment

Originally posted by Julien View Post
                    +1
                    Part of the beauty of the e30, is it's light weight, and small proportions.
                    Adding bigger, heavier components to the body will drastically reduce that "fun" feeling you get when behind the wheel (trust me, I went from 16inch alloys to 14 inch stellies, and the car has been far more fun than it was on 16's). I'm having a hard time going to up to a set of 15 inch OZ wheels from the late 80;s-early 90s.
                    If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
                      +1
                      Part of the beauty of the e30, is it's light weight, and small proportions.
                      Adding bigger, heavier components to the body will drastically reduce that "fun" feeling you get when behind the wheel (trust me, I went from 16inch alloys to 14 inch stellies, and the car has been far more fun than it was on 16's). I'm having a hard time going to up to a set of 15 inch OZ wheels from the late 80;s-early 90s.

I've been thinking about it and you guys are right. I am going to keep it stock and look at 16 inch rims(got to try 14's just look tiny). I am going to do the rack swap though.

Not a lot of options for 4x100 16's but maybe I can pick up some abused 3 piece Hartge or Alpina reps.

Comment

Originally posted by tiger_e30 View Post
                        I've been thinking about it and you guys are right. I am going to keep it stock and look at 16 inch rims(got to try 14's just look tiny). I am going to do the rack swap though.

Not a lot of options for 4x100 16's but maybe I can pick up some abused 3 piece Hartge or Alpina reps.
                        I'd honestly go with 15's. Every inch you increase decreases performance (increases fuel consumption, adds time to your 0-60, increases interior noise and overall harshness). It'll take some time to find nice ones, but it'll be worth the wait and search once you found something you like.

Don't believe ? see the link below.
                        If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Working on rebuilding my front brakes. Is this too pitted to use and if so can I buy a new one compatible with the girling?Click image for larger version

Name:	20190203_104821.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	7200637

Comment

Front is done!Click image for larger version

Name:	20190209_180628.jpg
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	7200701

Comment

Daytona 2019. Not mine but cool as hell.Click image for larger version

Name:	20190127_195948.jpg
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	7200702

Comment

Nice fresh head with new camClick image for larger version

Name:	20190419_151934.jpg
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	7201376

Comment

Working...
                                X