My 325IX winter Restoration (pic heavy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nomansland92 View Post
    very good eye, nah i deiced to leave them off and go with IS skirts, I know a lot of people are going to hate me for that but for some reason i never really liked the way the IX flares looked on white. And the next project will be a turbo so i thought it would make i nice little sleeper off the line with all four wheels grabbing traction, no one will expect that its awd haha
    i like the path you're going. I LOVE the iS skirts......but for obvious reasons i can't run it. lol. gonna look awesome...and whatever wheels you're gonna go w/ are gonna fill the fenders well....the flares almost force you to go w/ an aggressive offset to fill em. In your case you won't need to.
    www.instagram.com/snwmble
    #snwmble

Current:
    '05 BMW M3 - Silver Grey/Imola Red
    '90 BMW 325iX - Sterling Silver/Houndstooth sport(5-speed converted)
    '15 Mini Countryman - Blazing Red/Carbon Black

Past:
    '01 Audi Allroad - Light Silver/Platinum Saber Black
    '88 BMW 325iX - Diamond Schwarz/Silver sport *Sold*
    '01.5 1.8TQ - Brilliant Black/Nogaro Alcantara ...after 8.5yrs, *Sold* =(
    '90 BMW 325i - Schwarz/Tan sport *Sold*
    '89 BMW 325ix - Diamond Schwarz/Black sport *Sold*

Comment

ya i just got esm 002s that have a 35mm offset and they are flush in the front, but ill probably run a 10mm spacer in the back
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

had the first go around at paint, didn't end well.

Base went down perfect, no runs, bugs, dirt or anything. Then it went down hill with the clear coat. It would have been a really clean job but my lovely air compressor deiced against that. The separator on the compressor didn't have a filter for water in it like i thought so it completely destroyed the clear. Ill let the pictures do the talking.

Tomorrow ill start wet sanding again and the buy more clear and respray. as soon as possibly, and of course i will not be around next weekend because i have to go out of town for work so i busted my ass getting it ready for today. But shit happens

I had the paint mixed to "Alpineweiss III code 300" but to me the paint looks to have a very yellow tint to it like "Alpineweiss I" the factory color(can't tell from the pics though). Maybe once i pull it out in the sun it will look a little different though.
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Looks great! How did you solve the fuel tank vent line rust issue? My car has the same problem...best solution would be to drop the tank, cut out the old tube on the rear seat floor/inside rear fender (well just pull it out in the fender since it has rusted out) and weld in a new piece. However that is a lot of work! How did you solve?

Comment

You mean the line the goes though the passenger rear wheel well? The line itself wasn't rusted in side the car, it only rusted were it came through the body and made a big hole right there. All the hoses were still in good shape so i just took a piece of sheet metal and make like a 1.5 square hole in it and made a box around it for the hose to fit through then i sealed it completely off with duck seal and then por15 so its water tight. i think there is a picture on the first page of the box i made.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

got it all sanded and resprayed. This time it turned out a lot better after we fixed the air compressor. It still need wet sanded and buffed so it still dull.

The texture coating turned out pretty well also.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

I got the valence, fenders, and the doors on so i thought it was worth a picture :) Hopefully I can start wet sanding this weekend but its supposed to be nice this weekend and the ktm is calling my name.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

nice project

Comment

Awesome. I love it! Great work man. Going to bimmerfest?
                    #snwmble

Current:

Past:

Comment

Very nice work!

Go here be happy!

Ratchet Garage e30 V8 build.

Comment

Originally posted by audiquattrot View Post
                        Awesome. I love it! Great work man. Going to bimmerfest?
                        That's coming up pretty soon isn't it, I'd love to go but I probably won't make it

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Awesome project, you've given me some confidence to tackle my own rust issues now... Not looking forward to it though hahah keep us posted!

Early models do it better.

'86 Cosmos Sedan LS1

Comment

Well I'm glad to hear that, rust was the biggest project on my car. The was like 2 times more rust then i posted here but i'm happy to say its all gone. If you ever need any tips or suggestions feel free to message me anytime.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

any updates?
                              #snwmble

Current:

Past:

Comment

after all that prep work you didnt remove the windshields =(

Comment

Working...
                                X