No announcement yet.

1985 325e | M60b40 | Fifty Shades of Bronzit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome. This is way better than the e46.

Edit: You did a really nice job with the e46 though. e30 is just cooler.

Comment

dude, good progress. You are really knocking this thing out of the park :)

You should tuck your front and rear bumpers.

Comment

Just bought myself a 1985 318i in similar shape for $650! I'll be following along!
        1990 325i Touring - The Bonsai Bimmer - Patiently Waiting
        1984 316 Coupe - The Base Model - Pain in the Ass
        1988 750iL - The Daily Driver
        ...And a couple others...

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
          I'd try to get an eraser wheel to remove the pin stripe if it is not painted.
          I tried to remove it when I restored the paint, but it's harder to get off then I thought it would be. It's not painted on

Originally posted by straightsixe30 View Post
          Awesome. This is way better than the e46.

Edit: You did a really nice job with the e46 though. e30 is just cooler.
          Originally posted by ST1G View Post
          dude, good progress. You are really knocking this thing out of the park :)

You should tuck your front and rear bumpers.
          I was going to tuck the front one when i had the bumper off but decided to wait for a warmer so i could compress the shocks outside. Maybe tomorrow :pimp:

Comment

Bronzit represent!!

Comment

Originally posted by ArtFoodBMW View Post
              I tried to remove it when I restored the paint, but it's harder to get off then I thought it would be. It's not painted on
              I would get an eraser wheel and a heat gun then. Should come off. I would likely warm it a few cycles with the heat gun over a few days, and then buff that bad boy off.

Comment

very nice...you put in some work
                '91 318i (Alpine) - daily
                '88 325ix (Zinno) - drive here and there!

Comment

I'm digging how quickly you're banging this stuff out. Sub'd.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtFoodBMW View Post
                    Craftsmen Steam cleaner/pressure washer for 150$ ;)

I'm in the market for a pressure washer, like the added bonus of steam, and might be a bit brand biased with Craftsman. I found the one you probably got online; what do you think of it?

Comment

Originally posted by copyCORRECT View Post
                      I'm in the market for a pressure washer, like the added bonus of steam, and might be a bit brand biased with Craftsman. I found the one you probably got online; what do you think of it?
                      I love it! The steam is more powerful than the steamer i was going to buy and it has the added pressure washer, which I've only used once, but that worked great too! I lifted the front of the eta and sprayed all the built up grime and oil on the underside of the car. I made a huge mess on the street...

If you can get the craftsmen steamer/pressure washer for 150, I'd buy it again. The only down side is lack of steam attachments

Comment

Which I'm sure Craftsman supplies. The only reason I've been looking into a steamer is to do just what you did (my seats aren't bad but I'm a clean freak) and to help loosen grime before I pressure wash it off, which makes only 1700psi sound alright to me and especially alright for that price. You may have just sold me on a pressure washer, good sir.

Comment

Originally posted by copyCORRECT View Post
                          Which I'm sure Craftsman supplies. The only reason I've been looking into a steamer is to do just what you did (my seats aren't bad but I'm a clean freak) and to help loosen grime before I pressure wash it off, which makes only 1700psi sound alright to me and especially alright for that price. You may have just sold me on a pressure washer, good sir.
                          Glad I could help! :D Another thing is there isn't any real cord storage which gets pretty annoying but the unit isn't that big so it's alright

Comment

You sir are the Man! Lots of work in a short period of time. Looks great. I sent you a PM about some parts you may be interested in...

Comment

Okay so I've put together a list of all the things I have planned for my car. It might be a while before all of them are completed, but at least I have a general idea written down now.

Driver seatbelt
                              325i instrument cluster
                              Parking brake boot
                              Shift knob – Weighted
                              Shifter bushings
                              Z3 short shifter
                              Driver seat frame (bottom)

Black interior door handles/buckets
                              Black rubber floor mats front and back
                              OBC light bulb
                              Sport steering wheel
                              Kenwood deck
                              New front speakers
                              Tan plastic kick panels?
                              Dashboard carpet
                              Windshield wiper control on steering wheel

M-tech II spoiler
                              Side skirts
                              Late model bumpers w/ front valence and rear apron. In the meantime, bumper tuck
                              Wheels 17inch, light silver or white, style 32’s if 5 lug swap, or alpina style, maybe borbet type a’s
                              Potential 5-lug conversion
                              Euro headlights
                              Exhaust muffler
                              Springs and shocks, not decided on which I want yet
                              Bigger brakes, calipers, rotors, the whole deal.
                              Stainless steel brakelines

As for the engine, I either am doing the 2.7 stroker conversion thing, with hopes in the end of supercharging, If that exists. Or a m60b30/40 swap. It all depends on how much money I have when the time comes.
                              Last edited by ArtFoodBMW; 12-03-2017, 08:15 PM.

Comment

There is a car running around boise that has no front bumper. I think it looks trashy.

When is it time for low :D

Great job on all the cleaning. Great job! :up:

Comment

Working...
                                X