ITN Rally (SOCAL) 11-11-06

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ITN Rally (SOCAL) 11-11-06

What it is, in a nutshell: They give you some maps and directions (some of the directions will be vague or incomplete), and you need to figure out where the destinations ("checkpoints") are, how to get there, and then be there at a specific time of day. Legs are run on paved public roads, not closed to traffic. Each leg is timed to the nearest 1/100th of a second. There are multiple legs (stages), generally 1-2 per hour. You need a navigator to keep track of maps, locations and time. The event is set up so that you never need to break the speed limit, but are run on some very nice drivers roads, so you can have a little fun if you want.

There are lots of different types of cars competing, everything from BMWs to Hondas to rental cars. However, it doesn't really matter what car you drive since it's not a "speed" event; success depends on good navigating and timing.

I've done 4 events in my E46 coupe, 2 in a PT cruiser, and the next event I'll be taking the E30. A specially prepared car is not required. This IS NOT a WRC-type rally.

This event is a 12-hour all-day event. Start in Santa Clarita, ends near Palm Springs. From what I hear, it will be an epic event on some awesome roads.

Check out their site, they have a video you can download that explains how the event runs. http://carzero.freeservers.com/

There are generally a good number of Subarus attending, and there is a very active thread about this event here: http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1077869

-Steve

sounds like fun, too bad its the same day as the track event im going to.
    AWII 1991 318is - Sold
    Schwarz 1988 325is - Sold
    Schwarz 1991 325i - Driven

Comment

NEver been on a rally... this isnt some sort of race, correct? Dont mean to sound ignorant to this... but I am lol. And as a side note, Do you drive your E30 around town? Im yet to see a clean E30 in town, here in SLO. Besides Joe's at Coast BMW, which he sold for like $1200 =(

Either way...
      Originally posted by blunt
      i would jerk larry king off while tonging jflips ass if h0lmes would blow his head off

Comment

Originally posted by jflip2002 View Post
        NEver been on a rally... this isnt some sort of race, correct? Dont mean to sound ignorant to this... but I am lol. And as a side note, Do you drive your E30 around town? Im yet to see a clean E30 in town, here in SLO. Besides Joe's at Coast BMW, which he sold for like $1200 =(

Either way...
        This event is not an actual race. You need to be at each checkpoint at a specific time, and if you're early OR late you get penalty points. the event is timed at or below the speed limit, but is run on a lot of nice back roads where you can have a little fun if you want. The event is run on all paved public roads, and any car can be used (you don't need a prepped vehicle). Check out the link, there's lots of good information and an informational video.

I drive the E30 almost every day. It's Bronzit with some crash damage in the back that I haven't gotten around to fixing yet, currently being held together with duct tape. It's not exactly "clean", maybe a 5/10, but mechanically perfect.

Comment

JW what you drove, incase I saw it around town. I drive the red 325i at the Napa on Marsh. If youve ever seen it. Either way, sounds cool, but Im 99.99% sure I wont be there lol. Maybe after I get some more cash into it and make it more presentable.
          Originally posted by blunt
          i would jerk larry king off while tonging jflips ass if h0lmes would blow his head off

Comment

Working...
          X