clutchCTRL!
    Move with a purpose.
    - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
    - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
    - 2000 323i AT
    2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Originally posted by Jean
      Weird, your 318i has 4 speed fan switch? Did you replace it? Does it have power windows?
      Nope, got it that way. And, yes, it has power windows. Is that odd? I would, honestly, have no idea. Has cruise as well, if that makes a differance. BTW, love your 318. Wish this one wasn't so far gone when I got it. Otherwise, I would be trying to save it.

Originally posted by Bimmerista
      You should consider doing something with the wheels....like paint it black. But then if you do that, then you have to go Darth Vader & tint the windows really dark.
      Car is getting bright red steelies this summer. Bottlecaps have winter tires on them. Once off, may paint them, but thinking bronze or gold in that case.

Comment

Small update. Fixed the fishbowl highbeam. :D

Trying to decide if I will run all four yellow. That can wait, though. Need to get back to work on the non-functioning windows.

Comment

Wow, that paint does have some texture, what did you "sand" it with, a hammer?:)

I like it, +36 rep points for keeping an e30 from the scrapper.

You just need to fix that Dr. Zoidburg bumper trim and you will be all set.
          Matt

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by alpinaclone View Post
            Wow, that paint does have some texture, what did you "sand" it with, a hammer?:)
            Pretty close. ;)

Comment

Looks awesome dude. Killer save!

Dude what grit were you sanding with?! And i never sand in circles. I always go in straight runs at alternating straight and 45 degrees.

I think itll look pretty bad ass when you go over it to loose some of the texture.
              -Chris

Comment

Texture is staying. :D Gives it personality. LOL. Once the right wheels are on it, it will be set.

Comment

Honestly. I like this car alot.
                  I would put it on some weaves or some rims like mine and call it a day. If I came/ come up on a deal like this, I would do the EXACT same thing. Only I would have it professionally done. Only B/c I wouldn't be sure about the future. You may come up on a $150 s50 or something. Then again you may be rear-ended tomorrow! With these cars, you never ever know.
                  Great save. Cool work. Keep doing it!
                  Yours truly,
                  Rich
                  sigpic
                  Originally posted by Rigmaster
                  you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

Bump from the dead!!!!

Hey cone and hunter!!!!!!!

--Korea

Comment

What did you use for the yellow highs?

Buy My Car

Comment

Man its your car do what you like bro....... throw the wheels on it paint a skull head on the hood. lol and you got your self a rat ride

Comment

should have hit it with filler primer first. All in all looks good for what like $400 now?

Comment

Oh you could have at least taken the badge off...
                            1985 325e 2.8 Turbo VEMS

Comment

I think it cool best part is the initial investment pocket change and lint right on.

Comment

Originally posted by SamE30e View Post
                                Oh you could have at least taken the badge off...

Back from the dead is right, lol.

I did take the badge off. You are seeing the slight bit of shine the paint has. :up:

Soooo, the bottle caps are gone, with it riding on black steelies for now. I NEED to get those painted red. Car has been AWESOME. Just runs and runs. Have a few more ideas on the cheap for it. Will post more pics soon.

Just picked up a '91 318is that will be getting treated "right". Will start a separate thread for it, as it too, needs some work. Its just a MUCH better platform to start with.

Comment

Working...
                                X