My 85 325e

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 85 325e

Well, after a long time joining here and not owning a e30 it's finally happened. Though not originally what plannened. lol. Hence the name I choose. Mods, is there a way to change it to something unrelated to a car. lol

Any way I picked up a 85 325e off of a friend of mine. It has 152k miles on the shell, and about 100k on a m20b25 swap. I have get a new camera, mine didn't survive a fall off of my dresser. But here are pics of when I picked it up for 500 bucks. didin't get rotas with it. Rocking the bottle caps.

The car was 500 for a few reasons.

1. I had to redo the entire front suspension stuff.
    2. no exhaust left, rusted away
    3. several large rust holes in the floor boards on both sides. Already fixed(though not pretty) It's all good carpet covers it. lol

As of now, The car is flat primer black, ready for paint and some some small flares. front bumper is no more. and the rear is about to be tucked.

it is also sitting on some lowering spring. Not sure on what "real" suspension I want to go with.

I'll have to borrow a camera to get some recent pics.

kinda looks like this a little. just a unmolested 85 e valance with no fogs. and the driving lights are yellow on mine. oh and no stickers lol

I'll just have to get a another camera....damn

But more to come, so I'll be updating periodicly and becoming active again instead of lurking.

just got offered a swap from a 79 633csi for really really really cheap. Everysingle thing from long block, all attached hardware, wiring harness, ecu. Just lacking trans. Motor was rebuilt recently too. hmmm

So there may be a swap thread as well.

Feels good to be back! :p

Well, choice has been made. m20 starts coming out tomorrow.

Sold my motor yesterday, and will soon be piecing together an m50 swap. I decided I do not want the btfh out of my fire wall. lol

Comment

Just bought a few items from some of the members on here. Hopefully be getting them in shortly. Get them on the car and take some pics!!

Comment

well by the sounds of it, its coming along
        sigpic

Comment

well, motor sale fell through. but bought these items for the car.

Traded the bike in my sig for these "track wheels" and 200 bucks

then some mad down force(more for dorifto looks), off of carbeater on here.

And finally the fist piece to my next build, off my buddies mk3 supra. He went even bigger.

IHI RHC-7 61mm turbo

my xmas bonus is officially spent...

Comment

1jz...

Comment

1jz head on a 2j block, it is the best sounding car I have ever heard in my life.

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=.../6/mca9xg1su-A
              Last edited by 88driftIS; 12-09-2009, 07:11 PM.

Comment

So after gutting the hell out of my car, including taking a wire brush to the under body to get rid of all the tar and just painting it. My car is back to stock height in the back even with the eibachs that I am using.

how does everyone get a decent stance in there car? Thinking of using a single non progressive spring instead so I can cut a coil or two off of it. I tested a set of old stiff springs off of one of my old civics, they do fit snug in place on the pads, kinda thinking about experimenting with it...

Comment

Working...
                X