Comment

You have the resto on Garage Journal correct? Welcome to R3V

Originally posted by cek View Post
          I miss this car. T'was totalled after I foolishly sold it in 2006:

Vlad (87 535is):

Maytag (87 528eA):

Comment

Originally posted by BuzzBomb View Post
            The problem is that I live in a very old house with the original very narrow driveway. The curbs on either side when entering seem to lay in wait for me. I need to line up pretty carefully to avoid them. Let just say I haven't been very careful.
            I'm very open about the fact that My car is a "Tribute". It started life as an '88 535is. Of course, regardless of model, the proof is whether it ever was in Buchloe and if they say it's real. Even though I sourced the same parts that they would have used, I can't claim it as authentic. I can't call it a "Clone" either, since my choice of colors was never offered by Alpina. Also, technically it should be a B10. Oh well, just a rebel I guess.

Nice, I am building a m535i "tribute" as well hehe, but started 528e and plans are for turbo m52. The beauty is that there are so many options we can take these cars and do what ever we want.

Comment

Comment

Washed to two E34's today. The 540 has been down a month or so due to the ceramic clear starting to lift on the two front wheels. Time for a drive...

Cheers,

Jim
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cek View Post
                  I miss this car. T'was totalled after I foolishly sold it in 2006:

Vlad (87 535is):

Maytag (87 528eA):

That breaks my heart a little, hearing about your old 540i. I didn't know it was totaled. I lusted after this car for years and years.
                  '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Totalled after I sold it in 2007.
                    Really miss this car.
                    More pics here:
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by BMWE34M5; 03-22-2014, 04:50 PM.
                    Mel Abrahams
                    Abrahams Motorsport
                    www.abrahamsmotorsport.com
                    E-mail:sales@abrahamsmotorsport.com
                    PayPal to:
                    order@abrahamsmotorsport.com
                    If you do not have a PayPal account, please call our office.
                    Buy with confidence, serving the E30 community for over 14 years
                    Phone:727-992-0288
                    Fax:727-868-6373

Comment

Originally posted by BMWE34M5 View Post
                      Totalled after I sold it in 2007.
                      Really miss this car.
                      More pics here:
                      http://www.abrahamsmotorsport.com/mel/mel.htm
                      My good friend owned the car for several years until it was totaled. It was such a shame to see that car go. It was a pretty nasty accident.

Here is the most recent picture I have of it:

Comment

^Nice wheels and beautiful car. Sad to see this one gone.

Cheers,

Jim
                        sigpic

Comment

90 535i
                          5spd, M5 front seats, M5 rear bar,H&R Sports, Miller maf conversion

Comment

.:Rob
                            Team16NiSS -AccuAir - Meguiars - SONY Audio

Comment

^I have mixed emotions on the E28....overall, I like.

These are the only 2 (poor) pics I have of my newly acquired, since December anyway, 520iT.

Build date 05/96, OrientBlau Metallic/Black Leather, double squeaky sunroof, they ordered the extra flat comfort seats too. BTW it's on H&R 45/15mm & Lowtec Sport dampers in the front.

Here it is on 15" BBS weaves:

And shortly after on 16" E39 Weaves, drove on them for about 2 days, went back to the 15's. It felt quicked/lighter on the 15's, and they look better.

i'll have ot update my project thread, it's had a few upgrades and fixes since I bought it. Even though it's slightly underpowered, it makes a fine daily. I was considering using an extra 2.0l block/pistons I have in the basement, along with a 2.5L crank/rods and making a super-low buck 2.3l stroker ....a little extra tq would help a bit.
                              -03/2005 E46 330D Touring 6spd(204hp/410nM) Sapphire Black/Naturbraun Sport...300k KM & 35mpg(mixed)

Comment

Originally posted by MikeDE View Post
                                ^I have mixed emotions on the E28....overall, I like
                                Mixed emotions?
                                .:Rob
                                Team16NiSS -AccuAir - Meguiars - SONY Audio

Comment

Working...
                                X