turbo m10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

turbo m10

maybe in the future... but was wondering if anyone has done this and how they went about getting parts and what do I need to do everything... I just want to make about 200-250 hp would it be best to start out with a cheaper kit? or buildup parts part by part

definitely build up parts. no cheap fleabay kits.
    I started with an ebay one and it was a huge mistake. finally everything went into the dumpster.
    from ebay the only thing that works is an intercooler. and maybe a manifold, which also needs some work to make it fit.
    be ready to cough up 5k$+, if that sounds too much, just don't do it, do a swap instead.

Comment

There are no kits for the M10. Anyone who says differently is selling something...

Start with the turbo- figure out what you want to do- then start looking for the
      manifold/header. There are some- they are all going to take some work.

Your power goals seem about right. How you get there will be up to you! Look for
      ideas at www.2002faq.com
      t
      now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

do you need standalone management or could you run on stock ecu

Comment

You would be so much happier with standalone, once it's up and running....

t
          now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Okay I was just wondering and is the stock ecu tunable or would my tuning just be dome manually from my ignition timing and bigger injectors for more fuel and such

Comment

you can't really make an ignition map with stock ecu, so you definitely need a standalone

Comment

Do standalone, it's worth every penny. Megasquirt isn't the most user friendly of systems but it is cheap, I know a lot about it, but there are people here who have done MS on an M10 before who would most likely be glad to inform you.

IG @turbovarg
                '91 318is, M20 turbo
                [CoTM: 4-18]
                '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                - updated 1-26

Comment

I think Otis- "good and tight" can make you a turbo manifold.

Comment

Here you go! I don't cruise R3V very much, but thought it might help. If you want more pics, details, or whatever just let me know.

GT2871R with a billet wheel and a T3 .60ar v-band with an externat WG welded to the turbine housing (G&T doesn't provide for an external WG flange).
                    9.5:1 forged Ross pistons, S14 rods, 2.0l crankshaft, and a 292* cam with supporting valvetrain. Running E85. Full Stainless exhaust, 3" turbo-back. Running 25psi on Megasquirt.

My previous build was laying down 292WHP at only 13psi (with a K04s turbo on a stock 2.0). This new setup at 25PSI should hit 400BHP pretty easily.

Last edited by DangerWillRbnsn; 12-09-2016, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Running E85
                      Nice- this is one application that ethanol really does well for...

t

Comment

It's doable I'm going to kinda fallow this guys build

Comment

I got a stock 48A/R t25. Planning on throwing that onto a "stock" m10, running L-jet with a few mods & 24# injectors. Tune it as best I can with a wideband and hope for 250ish at the crank. E21 guys have done it in similar cases. Building my own manifold & exhaust. Turbo was $50 and came with some free intercooler piping. At some point I have a gt2871 I'd like to thow onto a fully built M10. But thats when I go full racecar

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                          X