Delphi parts Union vs NonUnion...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delphi parts Union vs NonUnion...

IT IS ONE of the enduring puzzles surrounding the bailout of General Motors: Why did retired salaried personnel of a former GM division, Delphi, receive a fraction of their promised pension benefits, while Delphi's retired hourly personnel, members of the United Auto Workers, got 100 percent, paid...

Workers of the world unite....LMFAO.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Michelle Malkin LMFAO
    Originally posted by Gruelius
    and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Originally posted by KenC View Post
      Michelle Malkin LMFAO

Is she wrong? Did this not happen?
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Originally posted by joshh View Post
        Is she wrong? Did this not happen?
        Comon dude, you know the drill. Attack the source!
        I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

This is supposed to be an argument against unions?

What I see is the union workers kept what they earned, and the non-union workers took it up the ass thanks to the typical shit management practices prevalent today.

For every hour those salaried white-collar employees worked, they were promised the company was setting aside for their retirement. Guess the retirement fund was a little too attractive of a cash pile for the assholes in charge, and they forgot that it was the employees money they were wasting because Delphi is still bankrupt, and those employees are now boned.

The collective bargaining power of the union is why those employees did NOT get screwed, not WHY the non-union employees got screwed. Either way, the pension fund that was under company control, that was *supposed* to be protected is gone. It would have just been EVERYBODY getting screwed (minus upper management of course) instead of the people without any union support.

The UAW has problems. This is, however, a bad example to make that point. I can definitely get behind protecting peoples retirement money.
          -Dave
          2003 Lincoln Towncar | 1992 BMW 325iC | 1968 Cadillac Deville

Need some help figuring out the ETM?

Comment

I don't see how you've defended the Union?
            The ONLY reason the Union workers got their pensions was because the Union has cash in the pockets of politicians. Bargaining power=Lobbying. One more reason the Dems are going to get their asses handed to them this November.
            let alone all the other crooked shit the Unions are involved in or have been.

Comment

One more reason the Dems are going to get their asses handed to them this November.
              ... because supporting them means your pension won't get robbed?

Comment

Originally posted by Kansas View Post
                ... because supporting them means your pension won't get robbed?

Who's money is funding the pension?

Comment

Even union members pay into their pension plans.

Comment

Even union members pay into their pension plans.

And that's why Democrats want to bailout Union pensions?

Comment

And that's why Democrats want to bailout Union pensions?
                      They do it because it's the right thing to do ... I can't do it. They do it because it's the UAW and they're Democrats. But that's more or less irrelevant. Do you think that people's pensions shouldn't be protected? Maybe I should go union, so mine doesn't get raided.

Comment

You know what, regardless it's poor management and NOBODY should loose their retirement when a company goes out of business.

Stealing is a crime, all pension plans should be protected by the FDIC like your bank accounts.
                        https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

They do it because it's the right thing to do ... I can't do it. They do it because it's the UAW and they're Democrats. But that's more or less irrelevant. Do you think that people's pensions shouldn't be protected? Maybe I should go union, so mine doesn't get raided.
                          Exactly, not because it's the right thing to do, but because Dems campaigns are largely funded by unions. So you scratch the back of those who get you elected. It's standard politics, but......................

Why should the public (in other words my tax dollars) bailout some corrupt union?
                          Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                          Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                          One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
                            You know what, regardless it's poor management and NOBODY should loose their retirement when a company goes out of business.

Stealing is a crime, all pension plans should be protected by the FDIC like your bank accounts.

Exactly. And if things are done the way they should be done, the money would go there and stay there. There would be no way for anyone to touch it once it's there. Union or non-Union.

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                              Why should the public (in other words my tax dollars) bailout some corrupt union?
                              I wouldn't say their necessarily corrupt ... just bloated, self-important assholes. Maybe the message is, "Join a union and your pension will be protected"?

Exactly. And if things are done the way they should be done, the money would go there and stay there. There would be no way for anyone to touch it once it's there. Union or non-Union.
                              You'd think that would be a pretty straightforward law to pass too. But nope, too many in Congress would probably say that it interferes with the "free market".

Comment

Working...
                              X