Finally, my first E30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally, my first E30

So I have been on and off searching for a year now, and I finally got my Alpine 88' 325iX.
    I previously owned a 00' GTI, and a 04' WRX, but I now was looking for something a little less expensive for school next year.
    After really getting in to the search this summer I found one in Snohomish, WA.

I was traveling to Leavenworth, WA last weekend anyways so I decided to swing by and check it out.
    The previous owner just had the car inspected by Classic Motorsports and ended up replacing things such as spark plugs, gear oil, brake fluid, timing belt, rear shock absorber, front strut cartridge insert, etc. and ended up spending $1500. Had all the receipts to show for. This was performed only 2 months ago.
    Anyways, ended up purchasing the car and had a nice cruise on HWY 2 from Snohomish to Leavenworth. I could really feel the elevation when I got near Steven's Pass, but otherwise this car felt great.
    Stayed in Leavenworth Sunday night then headed to Hood River on HWY 97 for some kiteboarding.
    Brought the car home monday night and gave her a wash today along with a minor interior detail.

On to the Pictures.

Previous:

Where I picked her up:

In Leavenworth:

During the wash:

After in the new home, my garage:

Interior:

Anyone spot the bonus?

I'll give you a hint:

Anyways, I'm glad to be new to the community, and I'm looking forward to going to meets and such.
    I like to ski, sail, and kite board, and I'll be going to the University of Oregon this year.

Any tips, suggestions, or what to do with the car next are appreciated.
    I'm thinking clay, polish, wax, interior detail, new shift knob (falling apart), bumper swap.
    What do you guys think?
    Thanks, Elliot

I want one of those radars soooo bad. It's rather unfortunate (for me at least) that they are kind of expensive for something that really doesn't do anything. Does it work at all?

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

Gustav's bar? How insensitive of you...:)

Nice looking base. Enjoy the e30 world.
      www.ryanwhopkins.com

Comment

Ya sorry, no offense intended by the Gustav picture, just a bar in Leavenworth.
        I had my V1 on with the factory detector. I never passed any cops with their radar on, but it did pick up most of the x and k band from grocery stores and such. It has a much nicer warning tone than the V1 in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by E30_Drake View Post
          Any tips, suggestions, or what to do with the car next are appreciated.
          I'm thinking clay, polish, wax, interior detail, new shift knob (falling apart), bumper swap.
          What do you guys think?
          Thanks, Elliot
          Start with timing and water pump, It will take your investment a long way, before anything else................. just my $0.02

Welcome to the Familia!
          @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Nice Man! I Cant wait to sell my GTI and pick up an e30

Flickr

@michael.colby on Instagram

"All he needed was a wheel in his hand and four on the road"

Comment

Originally posted by lov-e30 View Post
              Start with timing and water pump, It will take your investment a long way, before anything else................. just my $0.02
              Welcome to the Familia!
              +1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 0

welcome hope u get everything done u want to get done.

Comment

Originally posted by Hartge_H27 View Post
                +1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 0

welcome hope u get everything done u want to get done.
                What are you talking about you never get everything you want done on an e30

Comment

have luke put a big stereo in it before anything else!

nice loooking find

http://www.westwerksauto.com

Comment

Wow, how did you take those subbie pictures? those are wild! More please!

Oh, and Welcome to R3v!

Comment

The pics of the scooby are nuts. The e30 looks like a good start. Let me know if you want a matching rear seat with headrests and a ski pass through. I just downgraded my car to black vinyl.
                      Matt

sigpic

Comment

Welcome, looking forward to those very nice shots of an e30
                        sigpic
                        WTB-Strut Bar

Comment

I think that a bumper tuck would help the look of the car. And also a vr6 lip would set it off due to what year you have.You get a vr6 lip on ebay.com for 40.00

Comment

Welcome friend!@!! Update us regularly!!

Mariano

2001 Titaniumsilber 540i Sport 6-Speed
                            1990 Diamantschwarz Alpha-N 2.5L ///M3
                            1986 Alpinweiss 325e M50B25 (R.I.P.)

-Talk to me when more sound comes from the induction than from the exhaust...

-Argentina........lo mas grande que hay.

Comment

Welcome. Car looks good. If you're sure that the timing belt, water pump and other maintance have been taken cared of. start by tucking those bumpers until you swap for the plastics. A nice set of billies and H&Rs cant do you any harm either.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X