Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally Finished my interior(long post)!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally Finished my interior(long post)!

Well, after many attempts to get my interior where i wanted it

iggee seat covers - looked ok and a quick fix but not what i wanted...

seats re-dyed - looked ok for awhile but the dye was put on incorrectly by someone (not me) and once it got hot out it stuck to everything...

ugly!

So, i finally broke down and bought all new leather!

i went with leatherseats.com.... They were great, worked with me on color, a different pattern for the rear seats (similar to the m3 fronts i went with). They took 3 weeks longer than planned but 2 day shipped everything so it would arrive by last Friday.

Overall the quality and feel is amazing!

un-boxing the goodies!

I also bought a new set of interior panels and had leatherique custom match some dye to the new leather color. The sides match almost perfectly!

I also re-dyed my mtech2 wheels with some leatherique back dye

Now onto the good stuff.

For any of you that have done a project like this before you know how much fun hog rings can be!

all in all it took me about 20 hours to break down the old seats, remove the old leather and then recover them all. I had to enlist a good friend to help with the rear leather, we had to stretch, tie with zip ties leave over night then come back and use pliers to stretch it in order to get the hog rings on.

In the end i think it came out amazing!

on to the pics
    first seat done!

Interior gutted and new insulation added, carpets cleaned

Rear seats in..

All back together now!

I also got new shift boots from rscheiring, he found some old m3 rear seat leather that matched the sample i sent him. Looks tits! kinda cool that it came from an m3

I still have a few spots to re-stretch and a few wrinkles to get out. I bought a heat gun but i have not used it yet. Ill see how a few days in the sun do for it...

Well i have to say it was totally worth the effort. It is like sitting in a brand new e30. The extra padding leaterseats.com added to the seat and back fabric makes the seats feel brand new!

oh and here’s one more gratuitous shot of bronzit...

Very nice job, Looks great. Just need to re stretch it in a few spots.

Comment

Looks great. Does rscheiring make shift boots and e-brake boots or something?

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
      ~ John Adams ~

Comment

Originally posted by Nicademus View Post
        Looks great. Does rscheiring make shift boots and e-brake boots or something?
        yep, if you ask him nicely...

Comment

Looks great! The tan interior looks great in your car.

I should have a similarly titled thread come Sunday.....
          Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
          Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
          One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Looks amazing!
            Hemingway said it best. “There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.”

Help a brother out, buy your detailing products here...

Comment

Sweet! I got my leather from leatherseats.com too, and it's good stuff. Remember to treat it every 2-3 months with 303 Aerospace Protectant, as it does not have the same UV inhibitors that OEM leather does.

You're braver than I am though, I paid an upholstery shop to install mine.

Comment

If you dont mind me asking, what does that cost at leatherinteriors.com, I tried to look it up but had no luck

Comment

Few people can pull off Bronzit on Perlbeige. Looks great man.

Someday, I'd love to pick up a MT2 wheel. How is your instrument cluster visibility?
                  - Trey

E90 325i/6 (ZSP, ZPP, ZCW)
                  E36 325i sedan
                  E30 325i sedan
                  Volvo 945T

Comment

Originally posted by motorsports_3 View Post
                    If you dont mind me asking, what does that cost at leatherinteriors.com, I tried to look it up but had no luck
                    just the standard leather alone is like 700, mine was extra since i got the different pattern rear and an extra set of headrests.

Comment

Originally posted by TDE30 View Post
                      Few people can pull off Bronzit on Perlbeige. Looks great man.

Someday, I'd love to pick up a MT2 wheel. How is your instrument cluster visibility?
                      visibility is perfect, no different than the standard wheel. I think mine is the larger diameter also...

Comment

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
                        Sweet! I got my leather from leatherseats.com too, and it's good stuff. Remember to treat it every 2-3 months with 303 Aerospace Protectant, as it does not have the same UV inhibitors that OEM leather does.

You're braver than I am though, I paid an upholstery shop to install mine.
                        thanks for the heads up. Luckily it is in my garage or the one at work allot.

btw, how much did the shop charge for the install, my peeps and i were debating that.

i try to do as much myself as possible...

Comment

I'm convinced! leatherseats.com for me too
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pilotskillse30 View Post
                            I'm convinced! leatherseats.com for me too
                            It's good quality stuff. Here's a pic of mine:

Originally posted by atle36m3 View Post
                            thanks for the heads up. Luckily it is in my garage or the one at work allot.

btw, how much did the shop charge for the install, my peeps and i were debating that.

i try to do as much myself as possible...
                            I paid about $600 for the leather and $700 for the install (including rebuilding about half of the foam that was moldy, and installing new seat heater looms)

Comment

10/10.
                              Present BMWs: E30 325iC, E39 540 Sport 6-speed, E60 M5 SMG

E30 Cabrio Turbo Project

Comment

Working...
                              X