No announcement yet.

Califonia decriminalized marijuana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Once Cali starts taxing the crap out of it, you'll see heavy enforcement on any coming from Mexico. Silly politicians....
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

I wonder how it is gonna effect weed prices.

Closing SOON!
      "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Weed prices will go down. All drugs should be decriminalized like in Portugal and the Netherlands and they should be a source of tax revenue. It will turn drug dealers into contributing members of society and it will save us a shit load of money used to fight drugs.

Comment

Originally posted by reelop19 View Post
          Weed prices will go down. All drugs should be decriminalized like in Portugal and the Netherlands and they should be a source of tax revenue. It will turn drug dealers into contributing members of society and it will save us a shit load of money used to fight drugs.

Because we all want drug dealers to be contributing members of society by handing out drugs.
          This is where I lose it with Libertarians.

Because there isn't a drug problem in the Netherlands right.
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

I say weed should be legalized; coke, smack, crank E, all of that shit should be WAY more of a bust

Closing SOON!

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
              I say weed should be legalized; coke, smack, crank E, all of that shit should be WAY more of a bust
              Who are you to say what narcotics are allowed and what aren't? How do you draw the line?

>> 1988 3.1 ITB E30 /// 2002 E46 M3 6MT / 2008 335xi 6MT / 1991 S38B36 E30 (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Raxe View Post
                Who are you to say what narcotics are allowed and what aren't? How do you draw the line?
                WTF, why such an attitude? This is only MY opinion, thus the whole "I say" thing...relax!

Besides, who are YOU to say what I can and cannot allow?

Closing SOON!

Comment

Originally posted by Raxe View Post
                  How do you draw the line?
                  When its man made, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Joey Link View Post
                    Bingo.

If they write that many tickets you think the bloated California government is really going to kill that stream of revenue? No way.
                    Yeah, good point. I can imagine a cop on Venice beach passing out tickets a dozen a day, easy.

Closing SOON!

Comment

Originally posted by joshh View Post
                      Because we all want drug dealers to be contributing members of society by handing out drugs.
                      This is where I lose it with Libertarians.

Because there isn't a drug problem in the Netherlands right.
                      Look at some statistics. The rate of marijuana use in The Netherlands is much lower per capita than in North America.

(1997-1999) "The figures for cannabis use among the general population reveal the same pictures. The Netherlands does not differ greatly from other European countries. In contrast, a comparison with the US shows a striking difference in this area: 32.9% of Americans aged 12 and above have experience with cannabis and 5.1% have used in the past month. These figures are twice as high as those in the Netherlands."

Source: Netherlands Ministry of Health, Welfare and Sport, Drug Policy in the Netherlands: Progress Report September 1997-September 1999, (The Hague: Ministry of Health, Welfare and Sport, November 1999), pp. 7-8.

Comparing Important Drug and Violence Indicators:

Social Indicator Comparison Year USA Netherlands
                      Lifetime prevalence of marijuana use (ages 12+) 2001 36.9% 17.0%

Past month prevalence of marijuana use (ages 12+) 2001 5.4% 3.0%

Lifetime prevalence of heroin use (ages 12+) 2001 1.4% 0.4%

Incarceration Rate per 100,000 population 2002 701 100

Per capita spending on criminal justice system (in Euros) 1998 €379 €223

Homicide rate per 100,000 population Average 1999-2001 5.56 1.51

From this site: http://www.drugwarfacts.org/cms/node/67

Word wrap fail for some reason the columns don't line up.
                      Last edited by Adrian_Visser; 10-02-2010, 02:02 PM.

'89 Alpine S52 with goodies

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                        Now I'm rethinking my move...
                        yea they have a bit of a different outlook up there, ask me how I know. I got arrested a while back and they gave me some test that found out I was high, the cop lectured me about how drugs were going to ruin my life, she was very proud of me for not having any track marks lol. Fremont county FTL

although in retrospect because I got arrested I ended up spending a month up there waiting for my court date and saw some epic shit, multiple bears and a few wolfs so I guess I'm not really that mad about it. didn't really like having to drive back up there to spend a fucking day in jail though, but it was kinda a nutty Experience
                        Last edited by assoutE12; 10-02-2010, 02:27 PM.

Comment

^LOL. Fremont County used to be part of my county. I know how you know. I was looking into buying a hotel in the Island Park area.

Comment

nice, we have a cabin in island park, right by Henry lake. I was on my way back from cave falls when I got arrested.

Comment

Good move. I dont smoke, but the laws in place prior were kind of absurd.

As for the whole slippery slope argument, there is a definite difference between marijuana and other hard drugs, just like states differentiate between beer/wine and hard alcohol...

Comment

I ran my car off the road though so its not like I wasn't in the wrong plus the guy I was with had dreads and admitted to having pot to a park ranger because they said they wouldn't care and would let us on our way. they gave me a DUI because I "failed" a field sobriety test and failed their survey like 4 hours after I had smoked.

Comment

Working...
                                X