Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gazellebeigem3 View Post
    *gulf
    the "gooey sands" in canada the Bakken in the dakotas, MT (think Saudis in the 50's and light sweet crude too) and parts of Canada something on the order of 800b Barrels recoverable by conservative estimates, the western slope of the Rockies in Colorado , and yes the 600B recoverable barrels recently found in the western part of the gulf of mexico in the US territorial waters.

Yeah we have plenty of oil here in the US not including traditional fields that have been in production for 50 years and will continue to be for a very long time to come. I keep telling you goofy tree huggers that NONE OF US WILL SEE AN END TO OIL as a primary fuel source in our life times.
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
      the "gooey sands" in canada the Bakken in the dakotas, MT (think Saudis in the 50's and light sweet crude too) and parts of Canada something on the order of 800b Barrels recoverable by conservative estimates, the western slope of the Rockies in Colorado , and yes the 600B recoverable barrels recently found in the western part of the gulf of mexico in the US territorial waters.

Yeah we have plenty of oil here in the US not including traditional fields that have been in production for 50 years and will continue to be for a very long time to come. I keep telling you goofy tree huggers that NONE OF US WILL SEE AN END TO OIL as a primary fuel source in our life times.
      This is so true. Why don't more people know this?

Vinyl Lettering

Comment

Originally posted by NKRoberts View Post
        Do I really have to go into this. Its has much to do with the GW/Enviromental movement of the last 40 years. The pushing of Peak oil as fact, and what the govt and people in places of influence over the youth want us to know. Its amazing how much truth is out in pain sight about all this once you get into the field.
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

Oil fields in Alberta = ecological disaster
          Oil fields from Alaska = risks of spills (they already hapenned)
          Oil field in the Gulf of Mexico = more spills have happened. Over and over.
          Oil fields in the Middle East = more costly armed conflicts

Is it really needed that we put stress on demand which will increase risks of ecological disasters and armed conflicts? I so find funny the philospohy of wasting resources just because they are there.
          Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Originally posted by u3b3rg33k View Post
            Damn, I'm glad I didn't drink the water in Canada. You best not cut off our oil...

If they do we'll just send a tank up there to take over Canada.
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
              "Those Disasters" are already being reclaimed and restored back to natural state with out all that oil polluting the area dont you keep up with your own countries news????

Originally posted by Massive Lee
              All small and localized contained and cleaned up, Oh and most of "those spills" were fuel, and other refined products.

Ok out side of Mexico in 79 and the latest BP fuck up, what other major environmental disasters, have occurred in the gulf???? edit that last significant off shore incident in US waters was in SoCal in 1969.........................................

Will not argue with this as you are partially correct, but it has more to do with those fields are starting to play out. Yeah there is still a fuck load of oil there, but the really easy and cheap shit is getting a bit harder to find.

Is it really needed that we put stress on demand which will increase risks of ecological disasters and armed conflicts? I so find funny the philospohy of wasting resources just because they are there.
              Oh you are hopeless. Sell your race car I am sure it get GREAT MILEAGE, and dose the environment wonders when you burn all that gas just to have fun going no where right. Really man you can tout this hippy bull shit agenda what not with the hobby and business you have. As you promote others to drive faster and more aggressively, and drive in circles going no where using more fuel in inefficient race cars.

Using a resource is just that, That is what makes us better than the rest of the animal kingdom we master our environment and bend it to our will, and make tools to make our lives easier. You dont like ride the bus or walk you hippy ass where ever you need to go, heat your house with power that only comes from hippy sources like wind or solar or what you can make and store from your pedal powered generator.

To think that we can hurt this ball of rock in any significant manner (other than automated Nuke war and blow it apart) just shows your ignorance over inflated self importance, short sightedness, give humans far too much credit. This ball of dirt has been here for 4.5B years and will be here for about 4B more till the sun EATS it. No matter what we do here the Sun will come up tomorrow, we may not be here to see it but it will.

Need I continue poking holes in your utopian ideals with pesky things you seem to ignore, other wise known as facts??????
              Last edited by mrsleeve; 10-13-2010, 02:18 PM.

William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by NKRoberts View Post

Because we can soak these other countries first then sell our crude back to them for even more.
                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

I regularly watch top gear, i remember one where Jeremy got 800 miles range out of a big audi A8, and in many shows they talk about small cars getting 40, 50 and even 75 MPG, how come euro market cars do so well, where in america if a car gets 30 mpg it is considered great?

Comment

Originally posted by ALYKZANDYR View Post
                    I regularly watch top gear, i remember one where Jeremy got 800 miles range out of a big audi A8, and in many shows they talk about small cars getting 40, 50 and even 75 MPG, how come euro market cars do so well, where in america if a car gets 30 mpg it is considered great?
                    Again BECAUSE THE FEDS VIA THE EPA HAVE REGULATED THOSE POWER PLANTS AND DRIVE LINES OUTTA THE STATES.

Why dont you read some of my posts, I have explained this about 14 times now in the last 6 months and I am getting tired of repeating my self

William Pitt-

Comment

LOL, the Empirical gallon is bigger than the US gallon.

Ich gehöre nicht zur Baader-Meinhof Gruppe

Originally posted by Top Gear
                      Just imagine waking up and remembering you're Mexican.

Every time you buy a car with DSC/ESC, Jesus kills a baby seal. With a kitten.

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                        Again BECAUSE THE FEDS VIA THE EPA HAVE REGULATED THOSE POWER PLANTS AND DRIVE LINES OUTTA THE STATES.
                        Like u3b3rg33k said, their "gallon" is bigger. 1 imperial gallon = ~1.2 standard (US) gallons

And while the Volt is certainly over-hyped bullshit, even the Marine Corp is trying to "go green". I wouldn't be so quick to knock it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kansas View Post
                          Like u3b3rg33k said, their "gallon" is bigger. 1 imperial gallon = ~1.2 standard (US) gallons

And while the Volt is certainly over-hyped bullshit, even the Marine Corp is trying to "go green". I wouldn't be so quick to knock it.
                          I Know that dumb fuck, That still dose not change the laws of physics and the retarded regulation of the ultra efficient engines due to tossing those laws out the window.

Just because the empirical gallon is 20% larger will no net a 50% gain in MPG or even double it.

William Pitt-

Comment

Ugh what a pos, this is not good for Chevys image.

Comment

Originally posted by Philo View Post
                              The volt is a POS. Prius already kicks its ass.
                              the prius is a POS too, so one POS kicks another POS

i hate GM since they fucked me as a 19yr old. owned a vega thay may as well been a 2 stroke motor it burned so much oil. 26,000 miles on the motor, 50,000 mile warranty, and the dealer said 400 miles/quart of oil was not bad enough to fix the motor

GM can't die fast enough

$41k for a chevy that can't go 100 miles on a charge
                              what a fucking sick joke
                              “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                              Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post

just where do you think electricity comes from?
                                more electric cars means more demand for electricity from fossil fueled power plants
                                “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                                Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
                                X